am starting today

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
rg3292

am starting today

Post by rg3292 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello everybody, my name is Rene. i am going through a divorce and have been seperated for a little over two years. I am having a hard time moving on. I had such a great life before, i felt so confident in my self, excelled in anything i took on. Since ive lost my wife if found lil or no motivation in doing anything. When im with my kids, my son 5 and daughter 3, i feel happy, excited and good. However, i do get lonely sometimes and miss having someone that i believe in by my side. I dont know whats happened to me but i want to feel that life is great again, i want to feel great in the morning. i want to be able to go back to feeling confident about my self and not be full of fear anymore. I need help. I hope that this is what i need to get me back on my feet so i can help myself and help others because this is no place for anyone to be in.

Sefardicus

Re: am starting today

Post by Sefardicus » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 pm

-Dear Rene

Thanks for sharing your life, aspirations and struggles with us! I can only imagine that having lost your wife, it must difficult to find motivation to move on with life. I have recently been going through a whole slew of struggles that are new, and some that are not so new to me. I am convinced, having been meditating on how long I've suffered with anxiety, that I've suffered from anxiety for some time now, to a higher degree that I had previously thought, or I guess was willing to admit.

I gather that the Man Upstairs has allowed these panic attacks, for me to finally slow down and take a good look at my life paradigm. To me "slowing down" can also be anxiety-producing, because of the lack of activity that I believe is inherent in slowing down. But something that helped me yesterday from a movie was that "being still" and "doing nothing" are two very different things. I am going to start being still and learning a whole new set of skills and discovering some things about myself that are not quite pleasant, while at the same time discovering things about myself that are great! I have faith that at the end of this process, with God's help, I will be a stronger, more fulfilled person, if learn to still my heart nad learn something new.

Rene, I hope that me sharing what I've shared helps you in your journey of discovery and recovery. Here's to a great new beginning for you! I believe that when we are on the other side of this, we will be more able to share ourselves with someone new.

Will-

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”