it's time. i need this to work.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
CarolM

it's time. i need this to work.

Post by CarolM » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:42 am

starting today. had the program for years and started and stopped a few times in the first 3 weeks. i'm older now and tired of living like this. i understand now that life will be full of stress and problems right now i'm dealling with an abcess tooth and severe fear of the dentist. my mom has alzehimers and i wake up scared every morning. i can't drive the highway and i'm afraid of socal situations. i feel like i have to change because life is going to keep hitting hard and i need some tools to help me getting back up. it's time for me to trust this program. i know now that life won't let up. i can't stop bad stuff from happening. i need to live my life thru these messes and problems and somewhere in the stress find a life. i'm hopeful. :|

mcshope

Re: it's time. i need this to work.

Post by mcshope » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:49 pm

The program works... thats for sure, you just have to have faith and follow the program. 15 weeks seem far far away, however you will start feeling better before that.
Good luck.
Hope

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 am

thanks so much for the encouragement. it means a lot :)

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm over 50 and have suffered my whole life, drink, drugs, suicide attempts, bunch of meds. I am miserable. I ordered this program over 3 years ago and finally opened it today. I can't take my life the way it is. I have no friends, no social life. Can't drink anymore. Though it makes me feel good, it just always makes bad things happen. Been through counseling, have admitted myself to the hospital many times, been to AA several times, just find that the drink isn't really the problem. It's how I feel about myself that's the root of the cause. I keep seeing people who are happy, satisfied and wonder how they do it. I need this type of peer support group so much. I need to talk about it and people who don't suffer the way I do, just consider my talking about it as being negative, so I just keep these awful feelings to myself. I feel the same way. It's time, I need this to work.. and it's going to be very hard work. I will appreciate any and all support I can get. Thanks for listening. Finallyhere :( ;)

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 am

I think I sent a PM to someone and don't know how to get to my own account. MK? The sentences,
"I keep seeing people who are happy, satisfied and wonder how they do it. I need this type of peer support group so much. I need to talk about it and people who :arrow: don't :o suffer the way I do, just consider my talking about it as being negative, so I just keep these awful feelings to myself."
That was supposed to be who do suffer and don't view me when I talk about it as just being a negative person. What a typo. Yikes. What good is joining a support group if you don't want to talk to other people in the same boat? I've been hospitalized several times for vertigo.. . An episode certainly causes major anxiety for sure. Not so much now that I know what it is. I had a major anxiety attack last week and it is not the same as a vertigo attack at all.
If anyone can tell me how to get to my private account, thanks. If I don't have directions, I forget. Unless I do it all the time.

KimberE

Post by KimberE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm

I just started this program yesterday and would really like to know if it is REALLY going to work.
I am pretty sure I have been depressed from a very young age. I went the whole route with the drinking,
some drug use, married very young, divorced young. In & out of relationships trying to find happiness. Now I'm remarried to a wonderful guy for 22 years now. All he wants is for me to be happy and I have no clue how to do that. Just went through the roughest 2 years ever, lost a our dream home to BofA. Helped a family member get a house in another state and they just up and left us holding the bag on that one. I have a hunch I could be on the brink of a complete nervious break down. Thoughts of suicide the whole ugly mess. I really need this thing to work for me. I will answer if you send a message, I will talk to you and not be judgemental. I need someone to talk to also. The panic issues are a recent developement for me. I won't even go to the store anymore. So I have no idea if I have said too much here. If I have please forgive me. I think I remember reading that we are not supossed to go into depth with our issues. Is that true on this support group?
Anyway, You can get to your private account at the top of this page under User Control Panel.
You will be able to access your private messages there.
Kim

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi Kim: I just wrote you a private message. I will pray for you. Blessings from Bunny

KimberE

Post by KimberE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Thank you Bunny Rabit. I can use all the prayers I can get. I checked my private messages. Didn't get it.

moondoggie

Post by moondoggie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:48 pm

I just got the course today and I am so happy I found it because I have been depressed most of my life. I can relate to most everything they have said in the first lesson. I hope we will both have success because it's time for me and I need this to work too. :)

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Bunny, Moon, Pepsi and MC,
I am exhausted right now, I get this way because of nerves. I am OK. Just tired. Thanks for sharing. Please believe this program may help you. I am the ultimate skeptic.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”