it's time. i need this to work.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
finallyhere

Re: it's time. i need this to work.

Post by finallyhere » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Kimber, heard you, sorry I forgot to address you as the others

bunny rabbit

Re: it's time. i need this to work.

Post by bunny rabbit » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi Kim: I can't find the message I sent to you so here goes again. I pray you be as compassionate, caring, loving and gentle with yourself as possible. You've been through a lot as I have recently as well. My therapist used the metaphor of me being hit by two trucks recently with the death of my sister in March and my father this month. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown as well. But, I have listened to the relaxation CD every day and it has really helped. I make a list of my negative thoughts each day and replace them with positive statements. I've been in recovery from a severely dysfunctional childhood and abuse of multiple kinds for the last 20 years. The difference with the program and all the therapists, books and inner healing retreats and work I have done is to listen to the CD's over and over again so that the tools become second nature.

For example when my heart was pounding out of my chest before I sang a song God gave me for my Dad at his funeral and the eulogy I did the breathing exercise and calming self-talk and you know what? I stood up to sing without accompaniment and speak without a nervous bone in my body. It was if my father's spirit was right there in the church and I was singing and saying this to him directly. The next day I felt so amazed at how God helped me through the program to do this. Keep checking in with us and let us know how you are doing please. We are here for you and I want to cheer you on and encourage you to keep at it one day at a time. It works if you work it Kim. And you are worth it. Blessings from Bunny (Sharron)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”