I feel like I am missing out on living!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
lewisvanderk

I feel like I am missing out on living!

Post by lewisvanderk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Everyone, I am brand new to the program. I bought the program a few years ago, and hid it away in my closet after I started taking multiple medications that helped a lot at first, now I am back to my old anxious depressed self and I want to fix this problem once and for all! I literally feel like I am missing out on my life, and I have to say it is a wonderful one!
My biggest problem is the obsessive scary thoughts that lead me into panic, which then depress me and I literally feel drained of energy and unable to do anything. Xanax has been very helpful, but I hate taking medication and I feel like a zombie with even LESS energy.
I honestly feel like a crazy person when I think about the worries that I have. They are at catastrophic levels relating to things I couldn't possibly control, but because I am always scared, I never want to do anything. I don't honestly even feel comfortable in my own home at times. I worry that the world is going to end, or that another terrorist attack will happen and I am not so much worried about dying, but surviving such things. The fallout of such a terrible occurrence would be something that I honestly don't feel like I would want to survive.
I hate feeling like this particularly because I have a 12 year old son, and an amazing boyfriend whom I enjoy being with so much. I want to go places, and do everything with them......live LIFE!
I am really looking forward to taking this 15 week journey, and I hope that this will help me to live in the now, and leave the worries behind!!

Paisleegreen

Re: I feel like I am missing out on living!

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Welcome, Lewisvanderk! :D I've been where you are at now. I am now off of antidepressants and do have Xanax available, but don't use it for the very reason you state. It makes you tired. They are handy for a panic attack, but I haven't had a full blown panic since last year and I only had recently experienced the first panic attack a month prior.

Anyway, you'll find some good people here to help you on your way. Most of us understand what you are going through and have been through the program a few times. Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”