Today I Start On Session One...

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
peter eric

Today I Start On Session One...

Post by peter eric » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:18 pm

:ugeek: Hey ladies and gents...My name is Peter..I'm New here. I'm struggling with depression again. Its been pretty bad. My sleep and eating has gotten really bad. I haven't left the house in over 7 days and need to get out of this funk. I feel like I'm dying. The isolation is killing me and I love it at the same time. I have no self-esteem at this time. I feel lost. So, today I pulled the program of my shelf...dust it of and said enough is enough...I need to start the program...I need it...Want it..and today I start with session 1...HELP :oops:

GeorgiaMtnMutts

Re: Today I Start On Session One...

Post by GeorgiaMtnMutts » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi There -
I'm just starting on this, too. Have used most self-help things I could come across the past 20 yrs, and have managed well at times, but it always comes back when things get particularly stressful in my life. Deep down have felt that the only way I'm going to fix this is by me doing it myself, but realize now that while that's the case, I can't do it alone, and need some kind of help. Been to doctors, psychiatrists, therapy, etc., but what's going to help is me changing my way of thinking. Didn't know how to do that before, but not because of not trying. This is hopefully going to be my way, and am going to need support from peers. So I'm here for you, and you hopefully can be here for me!
I'm starting session 1 now, and have pledged to myself to do the workbook, too. How about you? I find that's the hardest part!
By the way, I am a pretty happy person in general, so depression/anxiety is hard for me to accept in myself, but I realize now it's possible to have both in your person! The key is to weed out the bad stuff, so here I go... how's your progress?

Tifinage

Re: Today I Start On Session One...

Post by Tifinage » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm

GeorgiaMtnMutts -

How are you doing with the workbook? I dont feel like Im doing it correctly because I dont feel like im learning anything from it. Do u have any techniques that you are implementing when doing the homework?

Thanks,
Tiffany

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”