Help i'm 16 with really bad ANXIETY!! :'(

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
KelseyLynne

Help i'm 16 with really bad ANXIETY!! :'(

Post by KelseyLynne » Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Okay so i'm new to this whole thing because i just recently (a week ago) started getting anxiety attacks. I'm16. I got a few symptoms of Anxiety in February - I smoked marijuana and it didnt agree with me (its a long story) anyway after that horrible, TERRIBLE night it felt as though i was stuck in a dream-like stage, like it wasnt real. IT was more annoying than scary. Anyway, my first REAL anxiety or panic attack happened in March during my suicide attempt. I didnt know what was going on but it felt like i was going INSANE! Like i was going to lose my mind. I didnt know what it was until just lastnight actually.
On May23rd (2011 obv) i tried marijuana again, except i didnt know it was laced with Crystal Meth and/or Extacy... Now that HORRIBLE experience made me have FULL BLOWN anxiety. I have never been this afriad in ALL my life! Earlier in the week i used to have over 5 anxiety attacks in ONE DAY!! they lasted atleast 15 minutes. I have never felt so depressed in my entirelife. I'v been depressed since grade 3 - i'm in grade 11 now. I just really want help!
My boyfriends mom let me borrow the book and the Audios because she had really bad anxiety (so bad where she couldnt even leave her room) She said it helped her but geez... I feel so hopeless right now :(

I know compared to alot of people on here that i havent been having anxiety for years and years,only like 4 months.

I hear about people having anxiety and the way it goes away some days... Mine doesnt! It feels like nothing is real, i'm scared all the time. SOmebody, anybody, if your having the same problem as me, PLEASE PLEASE tell me so i know i'm not the only one :'(

Love, Kelsey

Paisleegreen

Re: Help i'm 16 with really bad ANXIETY!! :'(

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Kelsey, you are not the only one that has anxiety or these feelings. How are you doing today? Paislee

MsLavender

Post by MsLavender » Tue May 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi Ladybug.....

When I was 16 something similar happened to me, then again at 19. I always had a feeling of kind of uneasiness. When I got to my junior and senior of college, stress was at the max and I was walking out of class b/c I felt like I was falling and losing my mind. Stay away from the illegal substances, people who are prone to anxiety are thinkers and that doesn't mesh well with anything that requires you to let go and let something else take over you. Most anxiety suffers are control freaks. I know that I am.

Get help now while you are young. Don't just "get by" and drink..etc to cope. Get to the root of it and go through this program. I know you are just a young lady but get serious about your recovery. You don't want to lose so many treasured life experiences because of fear an anxiety.

Lavender

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Great advice, Lavender! :D

Doodlebug082492

Post by Doodlebug082492 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Kelsey, I am 19 and have had panic attacks and anxiety since I was 4... First off, you are not alone.. Panic attacks are horrific and can make you feel like your life is going to end... But it's not.. Second, I smoked weed one time and NEVER again will I do it... It made me feel like I was stuck in a hole and was all paranoid.. And i've heard that happens to people who have anxiety and they smoke weed..... There is hope... Just stick with this program and it WILL help... Have faith!
~Doodlebug

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”