I feel like im dying please help

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
michelle1520

I feel like im dying please help

Post by michelle1520 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:27 am

Iv been in a 3 day panic attack. Didn't sleep for 2 days so went to the er last night. Just can't seem to feel any better.

kate.lynn.ingraham

Re: I feel like im dying please help

Post by kate.lynn.ingraham » Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 am

Do this before anything!
Take out your relaxation tape. Lay down and listen to it, all three times!
I have been in states of panic like this before...heart palpitations: the whole bit...just take a few deep breaths and listen to your relaxation tape.
It always helps me to keep telling myself, "it will pass, it will pass."
I know you might seems scared right now, but the best thing you can do is listen to your relaxation tape. then, after you are done with that, take out your session one audio tape and listen to it once more. It will help!

lorilou

Post by lorilou » Tue May 31, 2011 11:53 am

Hi,

I just got my materials last week so I am new to this; however, I was in your shoes at the beginning of May. I truly thought I was dying and went to the ER twice. I know you feel awful and it is scary, but you can get through this. I talked to a social worker at the hospital after having tests done on my heart and breathing. All tests were normal and he suspected panic disorder as the problem. I did deep breathing excercises with him in the ER and it helped somewhat. What helped the most was realizing that it was panic and not me dying. Do the relaxation tapes even if it feels weird at first. Keep trying no matter what and tell yourself (even if you don't believe it now) that you are a good person who deserves to feel better and that you CHOOSE to work to get better. Talk with someone either on here or that you can talk to personally who has been through this and is better now. I talk to my brother because he suffered with this for years before getting help. He is proof to me that I can get better. Within a week I did start to feel better. Not completely but at least I knew i wasn't dying and I can head off the panic attacks now when I feel like they are going to start. I am still anxious but working to make lifestyle changes to help me feel better. The program is great and I know I am on the right road to recovering for this. One last thing, I cut all caffeine out of my diet--coffee, soft drinks (still drink those that are caffeine free), and chocolate. Also decreased sugar intake alot. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there. Don't give up!

badey

Post by badey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I've also been there. I have been to the ER many times in the last year thinking that I was dying. When my panic was at its worst, I did not sleep more than a few hours in 4 days. I look back and don't understand why I didn't know that I was ok, but when I get the feeling in the present, it is difficult to convince myself that it is panic/anxiety. I keep thinking that I am having a heart attack. I have been using the relaxation tapes for a while (which helps), and am just starting the program this week.

Doodlebug082492

Post by Doodlebug082492 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:44 pm

I was so nervous and excited about graduation this past month that for an entire week before graduating I got no sleep, was sick to my stomach, and had constant panic attacks all because I had to walk up on stage in front of everybody.. Even after graduating I still suffered with these and still had sleepless nights for about another week:(

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”