Just starting up again...

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
shouldbegrateful

Just starting up again...

Post by shouldbegrateful » Sat May 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello all~ I have decided to start my program from the beginning again. I purchased this program around the beginning of the year and listened to some of the CD's in my car as I commuted. I did notice a difference in how I reacted to things but I did not commit myself fully to the entire program. I didn't journal the way I should have, or finish the workbook before moving on to the next topic. It was like I was eager for the information, but now I see that I was eager to feel better NOW!!! We all know the problem with that. The solution never sticks quite the same. I have found a renewed devotion to healing myself as I am realizing how quickly life is going by and how much of it I am wasting stuck in my own head, convinced that I am dying young. It is almost as if I have given up already and am just waiting for time to eat me up. I am distancing myself from my life, never in the present moment constantly waiting for something, anything, to explain or resolve how I am feeling and why. I am ready to rejoin my life. I listened to the first CD again yesterday and I think it was "Ken" who said something that included "I'm not gonna live like this anymore". I really connected with everything he says in group on session one ~ I struggle with hypochondria on a daily basis and it is consuming me. I am ready, wish me luck and I hope to go through this with great peer support group.

shouldbegrateful

PB2704

Re: Just starting up again...

Post by PB2704 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi - I am a newcomer - on session 3and am giving it a lot of work and time... I do have some very real life issues to tackle and in the past I have always made decisions out of fear and "what if" thinking... I have not been HAPPY since 2004 when I lost a good job. I have settled for low paying survival jobs since. I have convinced myself it is hopeless for me, I stress constantly and rehearse conversations with people I know and wonder what they are thinking - in order to EXPLAIN wy I am the way I am.

nyway - good luck to you on starting up again! If you have any tips for stopping negative thinking and replacing it i;d love to know them!

GeorgiaMtnMutts

Re: Just starting up again...

Post by GeorgiaMtnMutts » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm same way about being happy since I can't work anymore at all, and had to give up great paying job. Funny thing is, though I loved some aspects of it and the money, of course, it wasn't really what I wanted to do, so it is probably a good thing to make a change! But all the bills, etc. really make me panic, and not working (on disability now) to be able to fix it, is a total out of control feeling.
Good luck with the program - hope we both get answers!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”