Who am I?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
kate.lynn.ingraham

Who am I?

Post by kate.lynn.ingraham » Sat May 28, 2011 2:12 am

Hi everyone,
I have lived with anxiety for the better part of my life. I actually do not remember how I acted or felt before anxiety and depression. I remember having my first panic attack when I was in the third grade. Now, at 23, I am so used to my anxiety that it has become habit and has defined who I am.

I recently took the online questionnaire. I'm sure all of you are familiar with it. The one that informs you about how much your anxiety symptoms are affecting your life. Well, after receiving the results, I was very upset. It turns out that every mental thought and every physical move I make, is because of my anxiety. Then, I started to think about completing this program and how it would take all these "bad" thoughts and feelings away...but what would it leave me with? I started to think to myself, "anxiety is all I have ever known, so who am I without it?" Does anyone else feel like that?

Thank you ahead of time. I am thankful that I have learned, experienced people to share my thoughts with.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”