motivation

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
ariel2477

motivation

Post by ariel2477 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:29 am

I can't even get alot of things unpacked and i have lived here nearly 3 months. I am living out of my bedroom. I just cannot seem to do anything in the home. When i have to do things like doctor, i manage. yet at home I just lose the day on computer of sleeping. Got the trial cd's no one told they had videos guess they cost more. Did not want to use the workbook in case i had to send the material back due to finances when trial was over. would like to use workbook

mmwillie928

Re: motivation

Post by mmwillie928 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:25 pm

i hope you are still doing the program...i know what you mean about tight finances, but they make it easier with the payment plan. i did it and im glad i did! i hear you about motivation. it can be hard for me to stay motivated at times. one of the things i work on. but do the program. it is the best thing i have found to help myself. when i find myself not wanting to do it, something that helps is to remind myself that i feel good when i do it and after i have done it, and i see the positive changes it makes in my life. i have the positive changes and that makes me want to keep going. i hope you stick with it. and if you do the workbooks, you will find even more benefit from the program.

ariel2477

Post by ariel2477 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 am

it that sometimes, many times i just lose the day. I need to set a schedule for myself. somehow that is not reachable at this time. so doing things like unpacking here.. not easy doing it for myself. as i now its only me and no one to do things for . I am thankful i have a wonderful pet. He helps. yet doing things for me anything in the house.. its just no will power.. still grieving over my now x husband, i think. and no one to support me. no one to care just me. I know, i must love myself before others can love me. doing the best i can at getting better on my time frame its just a very very slow time frame.

mmwillie928

Post by mmwillie928 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:22 am

well be patient with yourself about the time frame.
also, you are grieving over a loss it sounds, so it is natural for you to be depressed. it will pass at some point. it is different for each person one. but know that you will be allright and let it take it's course.
i am glad to hear you have a pet. they can be good company, bring joy to your life. i have a couple small dogs. i love coming home to see them.
my word of encouragement to you would be be kind and understanding with yourself. don't be hard on yourself, cause God knows our personality type "likes" being hard on ourselves. and do things now and then to make you feel good. go for a walk, go to movies, listen to the program...whatever it may be.
hugs

ariel2477

Post by ariel2477 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:00 am

I cannot seem to make myself document my daily things as the course suggest in a notebook.
or to start the workbook. I have been able to finally start the relaxation cd. and stay on lesson 1 until i can do the workbook lesson 1.

brother_nine

Post by brother_nine » Sat May 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I seem to think that sometimes anxiety can keep me inactive. There are times when I don't want to do things and put them off, but for a long time I thought this was depression. I'm starting to separate out the symptoms I am experiencing with what they are attributed to. This helps a lot.

Like making rash decisions and getting unusually angry would seem like an elevated mood or anxiety, but I actually do this a lot in depression. So, I think when someone can see where certain thoughts or behaviors are coming from you can get better.

Brother Nine

lorilou

Post by lorilou » Tue May 31, 2011 12:05 pm

I have problems sometimes with doing large tasks. Unpacking is definitely a large task! What I do is set a timer for 10 minutes and work on the task for only 10 minutes. I do that periodically until i finish the task. Sometimes I get motivated and work beyond the 10 minutes. Other times I stop right away. Either way whatever it is eventually gets done. I know it's hard to unpack. I am a military spouse and we move alot (twice in the last year) so I know unpacking isn't fun, but hang in there!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Boy, I understand how you are feeling, I'm not getting much done myself! I like the 10 minute idea, I've heard it before and used it but I'm in a different stage of my life and off anti-depressants. So its almost like starting over, but with some pain from past experiences with family members.

I would be pretty down and depressed as well if I'm at a new place or newly without someone I use to care for.

Maybe for your workbook you could use another sheet of paper to answer the questions or the assignments. The program's videos are DVD's and they are on YouTube. There is a link to them on Session 8,7,6,5,4 etc. that Mchope and THH are working on. We started the Program again and cheering eachother on. So you will have to watch them from your computer instead of a DVD player.

I need to clear out my scrapbook room by the middle of July, to fit a twin bed in it, so that my handicapped niece can stay in it when she comes to visit with her parents who will have the guest room. My scrapbook is chuck full of stuff that needs to be put in order. So I have started to clear out some of the boxes and wasn't having an anxiety attack in so many words. Just very anxious feelings, negative self-talk, depression, it was bad. Ugh... :? But then I rested a bit, said a prayer and thought logically.

Telling myself, I have the time, I don't have to clear out the whole room, I can do it in baby steps, and push comes to shove I can box up things quickly or have them stay at my son's house. I haven't asked them yet on that scenario. They just live down the street. Last summer I had my sister and her husband stay and worked out the anxiety back then which I had a lot more pressure, the guest room wasn't even a guest room and my husband was doing a tile job around our existing bathtub.
Which he had never done before, my NERVES were stretched to the limit and I didn't have this program.

So this time around is much better and things will get better for you, plus you have us! Paislee :mrgreen:

hotgirl

Post by hotgirl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

im finding it hard to get motivated to sit to listen to the program... anyone else having this problem.. my mind wonders to much

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:53 am

Trying to motivate yourself or try to learn how to do. Be calm.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”