Hi new to this, have anxious and obssessive scary thoughts

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
jones79

Hi new to this, have anxious and obssessive scary thoughts

Post by jones79 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:32 am

Hi everybody, im a male 31 I live alone. The past several months I been having obssessive scary thoughts and anxious feeling to the point where I feel confused and out of touch as if I feel like im going to lose it. It all started when the first week of february I woke up in the morning, sat in front of my computer, then suddenly I started to feel weird like I was going to lose my mind. I started to feel overly hyper sensitive and confused, I was not breathing heavy or heart palpitations. I just felt so overwhelmed and frightened that I started tensing up and started pacing all over the place, I started apologizing to my family for no reason because these feelings were scaring me. And from that point on I started having appetite disturbances
where I would struggle eating in front of others, I would start haveing fears of depression, going crazy, and hurting myself and others, and I would feel spaced out like I was having an outer body experience or something. Its a terrible feeling I really want to come out of this. Was that a panic attack I was having? because I wasn't breathing heavy or had heart palpitations, I just felt terror on the inside where my mind was racing and was pacing all over the place.

luvu4u2003

Re: Hi new to this, have anxious and obssessive scary though

Post by luvu4u2003 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:58 pm

What you have described is the definition of a panic attack! The good news is that you dont have heart palpitations so it is most likely nothing medical, no more than a panic attack. You will survive this. Are you using the program. I am and its helped alot. Honestly, it sounds like you need a vacation. Tell me more. What were you thinking about when your mind started racing? What were your fears? Every thought matters in the recovery process... Hope you are feeling better. I'll talk anytime!

jones79

Post by jones79 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:38 pm

I was scared of being bored of life and getting depressed, that anything I've done or have isnt good enough and what will I be doing or be in 5 or 10 years. And then the next morning I started getting feelings of confusion and hyper-sensitive that I started freaking out and pacing all over the place. And then all these other scary thoughts started creeping up (fear of hurting myself or others, fear of depression, fear of losing it or go crazy, fear of crying in front of my family for no reason because now I feel so hyper-sensitive and nervous). I noticed in the morning I feel more anxious and later during the day it subsides a bit but its such an uncomfortable and scary feeling and you feel your stuck with this. And your right about the vacation, I went to georgia last year to help my sister move and at that time I was feeling ok. Now next week my family and I have to help her move again and now im worried they might find out I have anxiety because I have a fear of acting weird or avoid doing things and they might notice.

tacres

Post by tacres » Mon May 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi,

I am having obsessive scary thoughts, about how easy it would be to give up and how long before anyone I cared about would notice. Not that I feel suicidal although I have had silly notions on how I would if that were the case, its easy to talk myself out of that route, because of my daughter. She is now all grown up and married living her life, and I am struggling with being alone. I am struggling with my last break up, still freaking out over it and how it ended, 3 months ago. More because I want understanding and closure and feel that i cannot move past it until I do. Its making me freeze my forward momentum in positive thoughts affecting all parts of life. As many others here, I feel this is the last ditch effort to find help, my therapist feels like my dad now causing more anxiety to "prove" I can handle life, my prescriptions feel ineffective.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”