Just starting

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
natasha01

Just starting

Post by natasha01 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:12 pm

I just recived the program on tuesday and got started right away. I have been having panic attacks for over a year now and it has really griped me. It all started when was driving on the freeway on my way to the hospital to take care of my mom and I started getting a tingaly feeling in my hands and face which I have been having for years but this time it was way more extream and I got to the side of the road and every thing went black and my hands curled in to my chest and my feet slid back and i couldnt make anything function. i was freaking out thinking i was dieing. i finaly got my hands to relax enough to get to my phone and call my husband and he talked to me and calmed my down enough to get 3 more miles to the hospital. I asked the nurses taking care of my mom what they thought it might have been and they said it could have been stress and to go to the doctors, but like most I didnt have insurance so I let it go. and about 3 months later I was taking my son to the doctors and was overwelmed again but this time it didnt go away and it lasted 3 days befor i went to the doctors i hadnt sleeped or ate i just couldnt function at all. i thought i had the swine flu or something but the doctor put me on celxa and told me it would be ok and that needed to see a councler. and about a week later I was feeling better but couldnt drive anymore and to this day i dont get on the freeway or drive more than 5 miles from home. It scares me to much and then i start with the " what if's " and I cant be alone with my 3 year old son or even alone with my self . I have been going to Biofeedback ant it has helped alot i even cut my meds down and even quit taking them and then i stoped practicing and ended up relapsing and having to go back on my meds. I dont have panic attacks every day anymore but when I do it lasts for days and then i start practicing again. i have the scary thoughts and the what if thinking i live in a very stressed enviroment. my brother and his family lives with me and and he is an alcoholic and very mean. my husband is only working part time and i cant work because of my anxiety. I am at my end and hope that with biofeedback and this that this will work i know that this is a life time practice and i need to keep at it even when i feel better so i dont relaps. well here i go fingers crossed....

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”