does this program really work

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
becky1

does this program really work

Post by becky1 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 pm

hi everyone,

i am very skecpictal of this program. all it is lucinda talking on a cd. how is that going to help me. i got bored listening to the cd i listened to. i am also worried about paying for it. it seems like alot of people have relapses after using the program. :?

good luck to everyone,
becky

mramirez10

Re: does this program really work

Post by mramirez10 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:08 pm

I sure do hope it works. I think you have to do more than just listen to the cd's. You have to work in the workbook, and do the practices at the end of each session. I'm only on session 2 so don't take it from me, but you can call the support number. It has worked for so many people, so I'm hopeful. If there is a relapse then at least I have the program and I can do it again.

Bryson

Post by Bryson » Wed May 04, 2011 1:08 am

Like i tell everybody just starting out you have to want to get better.You also have to believe the program will work.I was pretty skeptical myself, and I haven't had a panic attack in three weeks .For once I feel like I have some degree of control. I hope you continue to do the program, have faith.

jaldrich51

Post by jaldrich51 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 am

I believe this program will work. I have had anxiety since I was 16 and that was a long time ago. I was just fired from a job, have no fincial support, may have to move but I know I can get through this. In the past, talking with counselors, sometime medication (doesn't work) but no real tools to get at the core of the anxiety. This program has already helped me identify how to work through my issues. Keep at it and have belief.

alic7725

Post by alic7725 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I too am skeptical, but this is mainly because I was raised in a cesspool of negativity. My dad would tell me this is just another scam that prays on the weak, because it was on an infomercial. I question the high cost, but I am trying to justify it by cutting back on counseling. I pay $50 per month on that. Also, I plan to take advantage of everything this program has to offer. Lucinda talking on the dvd seems a little dull and unhelpful and I am also noticing this hasn't been updated since 1993? Anyhow, I am finding this Peer Community could really help me out a lot if I take advantage of it. Since I work from home and tend to isolate myself, this is one way I can reach out to others. I hope it's worth it in the end because I keep feeling like I missed my window for returning it and do not want to regret for a second that I kept it. I have been anxious because I bought the program along with a pile of other self-help books and wondering what if that other book is more helpful and it was so much less expensive! Ha ha. I must remain positive!

Eric McLin

Post by Eric McLin » Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 am

I purchased the the program program two years ago. The first time that I went through the 15 week program, I did not use the workbook. That was a mistake. In order to get the maximum benefits from this program, it is imperative to journal your thoughts and keep a notebook per Lucinda. The key to this program is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or modification. Treat each week as if it were the first week in a college semester. Do your homework as prescribed and if you are adventuress, you may want to consult, David Burns bestseller, The Feeling Good Handbook, which also describes CBT and how changing your thoughts can change your emotions for the better.

Being skeptical is part of the negative beliefs system in your mind. Believe that change can happen and put forth some effort into journaling and being patient with yourself. Session 3 is an awesome CD to help make that a reality. Incorporate prayer and the relaxation CD that Lucinda provides as well. Slow down, be gentle on yourself, and realize that it takes time to make permanent changes. You cannot learn Spanish in 15 weeks but you can feel better by week 10 of the program. Never give up because your creator loves you more than anything in this universe.

MaggieG

Post by MaggieG » Wed May 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Well I started the program again for the second time in less than 1 year. I do feel better when I listen to the cd but I question myself how is listening to people in a group talk about their stories going to help me? I mean she starts of talking in the cd then she goes into a group and we listen to the group talk about how their life changes after they did the program. What program? I'm really confused.

I did enjoy the book From Panic to Power. I love the relaxation cd as well. But the actual program I don't know I'm a bit confused.

MaggieG

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”