Problems with relaxing

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
mramirez10

Problems with relaxing

Post by mramirez10 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:05 pm

I find it very difficult to relax. I have been trying the relaxation cd and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. The hardest time for me is in the morning. I'll be honest I haven't been using it in the morning when I am the most anxious and busy. I just want to go, go, go. I do use it every night though. I usually fall asleep before it is over. I know we are supposed to listen to it at least 3x a day. So what are some ideas for fitting it in 3x a day? Do you think it gets easier with time?

MC Grace

Re: Problems with relaxing

Post by MC Grace » Sun May 01, 2011 3:14 am

it does get easier! i had the same problem.... now i love to relax.
in fact, i spent a couple of hours at the salon today, getting a manicure and pedicure. :D i would never have had the patience to do that before.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:46 pm

So good to hear. Thanks. Did you have to do it 3x a day in order to get to that point?

sshew52

Post by sshew52 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 am

When you use the relaxation CD do you listen to all 3 sessions at one time? or do you listen to one then come back and do the 2nd one then the 3rd? I too have a problem with relaxation. I want to get passed this and just be able to exist somewhere without all of these feelings in my stomach .

Sue

MC Grace

Post by MC Grace » Mon May 02, 2011 5:01 pm

i played it three times a day. i certainly didn't fully listen at first.
i got myself used to going to a quieter place, lying down, and playing the recording. (i live in the ny metro area, so quiet is a relative term...)
some of my family gave me a hard time about taking this time for myself, at first. . . . and sometimes i spend the majority of the time trying to calm down about that.
little by little i started really listening the exercise and doing the deep breathing.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks for the input. I have a hard time fitting it in 3x a day because I have little ones at home, but it's not the metro. I guess I just need to make it a priority and do it.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”