How do we use this? Does it work for you?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
mramirez10

How do we use this? Does it work for you?

Post by mramirez10 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm not quite sure how we are supposed to use this peer support, but for me I think I will use it to Journal, and write some of my thoughts for the homework in each session. I saw some one else doing it and thought it a good idea. Maybe what I write will help someone else, or someone else can help me with their thoughts. So please feel free to coment. So I have noticed that I am most anxious in the morning. I think this is because it is a new day and I don't know how the day is going to go. I'm mostly scared of having a panic attack, or getting sick. I think I have IBS. I'm not sure because I can't go to a doctors because I dont' have insurance. It is verry difficult having this condition and not having insurance. I'm a hyprocandriac. I didn't use to be, but since the birth of my last baby and this disorder started, I have been. I don't think of my self as a perfectionist, but lately I have a hard time with things being out of place. I also have a very difficult time being alone. I hate being alone. I'm not actually alone because I have 2 small children to look after, but I want to be around other adults. I get over whelmed easily by things that didn't used to bother me. Right now trying new things frighten me. I hate being this way. I didn't used to be this way and it frightens me. This is why I ordered this program. I'm feeling confident in this program because I know it has helped so many people. However, my analytical side is wondering if it can help me. If it is helping you, can you please let me know.

mooper

Re: How do we use this? Does it work for you?

Post by mooper » Mon May 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Hello

Don't feel alone, I feel exactly the same way and reading your post calms me because I'm not alone. I too hate being alone. If you can call a family member, it helps. I call my mom and vent to her and it seems to help. I get anxious because I feel like I can't handle the things I used to be able to handle. things bother me a lot more too. are you taking medication? I've thought about trying them but keep hearing that the side effects are horrible and they don't help anyways.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 pm

No I don't take medication for the same reasons. I'm scared of the side affects. However, I have considered it because I hate the anxiety. I have decided to try this program first. I just started session 2 today. I actually have had 2 really good days, so I am hopeful. I do have family I can talk to. My family is supportive, so that helps. So how far are you in the program?

mooper

Post by mooper » Tue May 03, 2011 10:09 am

sounds like you are going through post partum depression. I went through it after the birth of my second child and recovered completely. I was told to get on vitamin b12 supplements and practice relaxation techniques. What we put i nourt bodies is also very important. The anxiety went away and just came back 6 months ago. So I was well for 10 years. I started having stomach problems and now the anxiety is back. I feel very hopeful and know in my heart that I can get over it again and you will too. We just have to believe and have patience. I bought the program a few months back but didn't follow it like I was suppose to so I am trying it over again and correct way. How many children do you have?

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I have 5 children now. I did have problems with panic attacks after my second child, but it only lasted for 2 weeks. After the birth of the last one I had sever panic attacks and anxiety every day. I believed it was caused by hormons wich probably is part of the cause. I haven't had a panic attack for about a month now, so it is getting better.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”