Spouse support?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
draggingsticks

Spouse support?

Post by draggingsticks » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi there. Just curious how your spouse and friends handle you with your anxiety. Are they willing to help or not.

My story, i went thru the program 7 years ago and it changed my life alot. I even taught sunday school, and worked the window at the post office, you know how long the lines are there. anyway 3 years ago, they hit hard again, due to some stuff in my life and i didnt take care of myself , etc. I lost my job, quit going out in public, i havnt been in a building other than my house for over a year now, which is soon to change because i am going to beat this. Anyway i have procrastinated doing the program again for 3 years and i have gotten worse in that time frame, the worst ever really. being around my wife makes me anxious, dont know if its embarrassment, or the way i know she will act because i am anxious, you know being frustrated etc, not much encouraging support from her. If it was reversed i would really be supportive and do what i could to help. She has talked about leaving me in the past because of anxiety, about a year ago. she just seems tired of it. Reguardless i am doing this for me and me alone because i deserve it. I just dont know about being with someone who would be this way, although she has put up with me for a long time. lol anyway just curious how every one elses support or lack of affects them etc.
Keith
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pr ... 1647622919

THH

Re: Spouse support?

Post by THH » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:03 pm

dragginsticks,
Welcome, even though you have been here before. For me anxiety is part of my personality so I know I have to work at all these coping skills my whole life. With that being said, my husband is supportive to me. That is not to say he does not have things he does directly to me( things he might say ), rather I say what I like or don''t like and that clears the air right away. We have been married 25 years, and have worked well together most of the time.
I would go though the program again, these are LIFE skills they are teaching. You can think your self in any direction you wish to go! Do it for your self, this program worked well for you in the past. ;)
Best wishes for you!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”