I Just started: quick question about session 1 first week.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
livelife

I Just started: quick question about session 1 first week.

Post by livelife » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

quick question:
i'm on the first week of the program and I dont understand day 3..
does it mean every week i will listen to session 1 twice a week. i'm on day 4 now and i listened to session 1 again yesterday and today 'day 4' says i have to do the homework in the guidebook. but thats what they said to do on day 1 and i've already finished does it mean i have to do session 2 homework or something like that? i dont know i'm just confused about the schedule right now :geek:

mcshope

Re: I Just started: quick question about session 1 first wee

Post by mcshope » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Hello,

During the first week you only listen to the CD for lesson/sesion 1 and do the homework for that same lesson. During the second week, you listen to lesson / sesion 2 and do the homework for that one.
It is ok to be confused, it is a lot of materials, don't worry and do not think that you have to do everything perfect.
We have a group that has started the program again, we are on session 1. You are welcome to join us.
Here is the link: http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 96&t=25080

You will get a hang of it.... don't worry

Hope

livelife

Post by livelife » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Thank you so much for your help! :D
i really appreciate it.
so every session is only heard once a week like on a monday for example?
or is it to be listened to on day 3 also?
thanks so much in advance!
god bless <3

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 am

I listen to the lesson CD almost every day... I have it in my car so I listen to it in my way to work and back...They recomend 2 or 3 times...
The relaxation CD is the one you listen 2 times a day.
You are doing good.
Hope

livelife

Post by livelife » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:37 pm

awesome!
ok thank you again! <3

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Ya those guidelines are just suggestions of how to do it in the book. The idea is that you do some book work during the days it says to do the book work so you are spreading it throughout the entire week instead of doing it all at once and it is also suggested to listen to the lesson cd 3 times especially when you first listen to it because you may pick up diffrent things each time you listen to it but again they are just suggestions. I usually do the book work all at once and listen to the lesson cd 3 times and then just talk about my experiences and whats going on in my life that correspond to the lessons here on the forums. The idea is to keep you thinking about the lesson for the whole week so it sticks.

Mike

livelife

Post by livelife » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm

NinjaFrodo wrote:Ya those guidelines are just suggestions of how to do it in the book. The idea is that you do some book work during the days it says to do the book work so you are spreading it throughout the entire week instead of doing it all at once and it is also suggested to listen to the lesson cd 3 times especially when you first listen to it because you may pick up diffrent things each time you listen to it but again they are just suggestions. I usually do the book work all at once and listen to the lesson cd 3 times and then just talk about my experiences and whats going on in my life that correspond to the lessons here on the forums. The idea is to keep you thinking about the lesson for the whole week so it sticks.

Mike

oh i see, thank you so much for explaining. it makes sense! :D

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”