The BBL Project... Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
lisa55

Re: The BBL Project... Lesson 1

Post by lisa55 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 am

im new to program this is my first week. Im doing the work and already having some powerful original positive thoughts. I do seem to have them after I ask God for some back up help. Also started drawing. I think I can use that place to be perfect and make something perfect. Anyone have any other coping skills for the perfectionist? thank you for being here. I wish everyone success. Keep relaxing.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 am

Hey lisa55 good job for starting the program. I think you are starting to already learn some really good coping skills right now. Just be patient with the progress, it will take some time but that doesn't mean it'll take time to enjoy life...you can start to do that right now.

What are these original positive thoughts you speak of?

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Lisa,

It is great that you are working on the program.
Please don't try to make things perfect. Perfection only adds stress to our lives. We are trying to give ourselves a chance to not be perfect and to enjoy the process.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Hope

TanyaT

Post by TanyaT » Sun May 08, 2011 5:02 am

Im experiencing major dizziness it scares me so much , i feel like i'm about to faint, it brings on a major panic attack. Also i went to the doctor and he suggested for me to start taking Paxil 10 mg, ive been experiencing panic attacks for about 8 month now and i have not been on any medications, except for herbal supplyments like 5-htp. Im scared of side effects of pixil, but also sometimes i feel like i can't handle it anymore , the panic attacks and its symptoms. So im so hopless i just wanted to know if the program will help me for sure without staring any medication like Paxil? Any suggestions would help :) Thank you!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi Tanya,

I understand the dizziness, sometimes that could be caused by the way you are breathing... If you feel dizzy, make sure to slow down and pay attention to your breathing. Slow breaths, making sure the air goes to your belly. Here is a good video of belly breathing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIV2R3j ... er&list=UL

In regards to the medication, I am taking zoloft, it really helped. Paxil and Zoloft are similar. Sometime we just need extra help. The paxil can give you the strenght to face your fears. Once you feel more secure you could talk to your doctor about reducing or eliminating the medication.

Use all the resources you can, if you follow the program you will get better.

Hope

styvv301219

Post by styvv301219 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 am

THH wrote:Hope,
Good luck with the job interviews!!! :D

Karen! Whaaaahoooo! Nice to hear from you. :mrgreen:

Mike wanted me to re post my video that I found on words, here. It is short but good. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m ... dded#at=13
Awesome video. Very inspiring..

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”