The BBL Project... Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Karen L

Re: The BBL Project... Lesson 1

Post by Karen L » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:27 pm

my wish list if anxiety and depression weren't holding me back:
would be working
would be doing more with my kids n grandson
would go on vacation
would be out socializing...and maybe meeting a decent man haha :D
would be more involved with my kids school and community
would be just enjoying and appreciating the quiet moments life hands me
would be spending more time with my parents
would be able to appreciate the little everyday gifts of life that I am just to anxious to see
would be less stressed and less irritated
actually enjoying the present moments with loved ones
not worrying about how far away from home I am, or where the nearest exit is out in public
just being happy :D

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Hope.....glad to hear you had a nice week-end :D Im ready for lesson 2 lol :D

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 am

Mike....I loved the link lol....just spent the last 45 minutes watching bloopers on youtube haha :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 am

I like you wish list, Karen L! :) Paislee :mrgreen:

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:40 am

Here is the link to Session 2.

http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 41#p711141

See you there. :D

Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 am

thanks Paislee :D

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Yay we did get through the first week but wow did that go quick! For some of us like mcshope it is our 2nd or 3rd time going through the program well I kinda lost count. It'd probabbly more like the 15th time for me but I never stop making progress and learning something new its very intresting how that works.

Karen I"m really glad you were able to overcome the panicky feeling, you did well. Thats Karen 1 - Anxiety 0. By the way I actually heard on the radio about this new idea with quitting smoking. It seems really simple but i guess it has potential. The idea is to have some kind of dairy before having a cigarette. What that does is it makes having the cigarette just aweful and gross and thus making it painful to even want to continue. Neways just an idea

And as for the venting thread things can become very circular and if that is the case then maybe it wouldn't be too helpful at least not until you could learn how to break that circular thinking. It doesn't seem like it would be a useful place for you right now and thats ok, its there whenever you need it.

oh and i'm really glad you liked that compliation video of the funny tv stuff. Once you see a few of them you just get momentum building and you just want to keep finding more and more of these videos, its really awesome and if you do find some really funny videos then please share them with us!

Mike

Peter Q

Post by Peter Q » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 am

Hi there all,

My name is Peter,
I want to thak you all for the "Posts"!!! They are all great!!

To Hope,
Thank you for the YouTub attachment, it is great, some great music. I also passed it onto to a friend that was just recently diagnosed with - colon cancer; I know he will enjoy it!!!

The BBL - Building a Better Life - site is great idea!! Is positive, and is a great catalyst to the process of going through the "Attacking Anxiety & Depression program. Mike, you hit on the nail, that is to think is to create, therefore to think positive, speak positive, and therefore be positve. Not always easy, and is attainable If I Choose to. Eliminate, not easy to, > is easy, and I can. Then I know I will, and move to I can now!!!!

Well, I just wanted to say hi, and thank you very much for the great "Posts!!!" Yeahhhhh

Very much apreciated!

Take care, and have a great journey!!!!

Best Wishes,
Peter Q.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:11 am

Wow thank you Peter for that wonderful post and I hope your friend gets better. Colon cancer fortunately is one of the easier cancers to treat and the survival rate is pretty high.

Thank you for the compliments but I cannot take all the credit because this is a joint effort with Mcshope and myself in managing and running the threads however if you think about it, its really run by everybody who posts and shares the positivity. Without everybody's positivity and good things to share we would have nothing. Even you have added to this positivity so you need to also thank yourself as well. Its a group effort! We all deserve the credit! But yes I have noticed through the years that many people go through the program and don't seem to get where they want to get and that there is so many negative threads on the forums, but not nearly as many positive ones plus from the experience with the challenge (the last run through we did as a group), I noticed that we did well when we were positive and that was in the beginning and then we started to fall apart once the focus shifted to the negative stuff, when it focused on the anxiety and the lacking instead of where we wanted to go. Some of us have already focused years and even decades on the lacking and what we don't want and it hasn't done us much good if we still continue to have that lacking. You can't take lacking away. Also another thing I noticed is it became too much like work, it became too stressful to come and read all the really negative stuff (which by the way is fine that people vent and it is very necessary) and so with that information we came up with the idea for the setup for this project.

I am already really impressed by how we've done in this first lesson and we are already creating the life we really want.

By the way you can feel free to add some positive movies and music and such as well if you'd like too Peter.

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Peter Q,
So nice to have you join us. You write very nicely. Please feel free to join in!
I think a positive thread is very helpful. We are working on being positive and talking about what is right in our lives. ;)
Have a great journey too, and share your progress!
;)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”