The BBL Project... Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
NinjaFrodo

Re: The BBL Project... Lesson 1

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Here is a really awesome video that someone on facebook posted awhile ago and I remembered...so extremely inspiring! Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3BEwpv0dM

So now to focus on the good things of my day.

Well again I woke up really negative and I worked through it and became positive and I felt even more confident in handling my negative emotions. I went to my friend's place to pick stuff up and my friend gave me a compliment and it felt really good. He had said that I look really good. I also went to the gym with my workout buddy and had lots of fun, we joke around while working out and it gets pretty fun.

I decided to listen to some new songs and in one of the songs it gave refrence to my favorate tv show in the world, I felt really excited and happy about that.

Also I listened to the lesson 1 cd and it was a really good reminder that the body symptoms are just anxiety related. I also really enjoyed listening to the people in the groups laughing while talking about the anxiety they suffered.

Oh and i found many videos on youtube that I want to post for this group. I'm really really excited about that!

Have a good night!

MIke

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 am

Hello everybody,

I am so happy to see everybody here. That is great. Thanks for the videos and comments.

The interviews went well. The first one was a waste of time, however it was a good practice opportunity. The second one was to start tutoring a kid. Spanish tutoring.... :) I will start next Tuesday...I have been thinking of being self employed, instead of working for someone else... That could give me the freedom to help my husband when needed.
My anxiety has been up and down. Now I don't avoid doing things because of it, I just take my time. However deep, deep down I would love to not have those sensations anymore.
Today we are supposed to have some severe storms... that is not helping.

I agree with all of you, we have to keep living, so nobody has to post or make long posts. However if you have an AHA! moment or an experience that is worth sharing, please do. The same if you are about to face a challenge and need support.

I have a ton of things to do, so I better get moving.
Have a wonderful day :D
Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:27 pm

taking a break from working outside the past 3 hours lol

Hope....Im sooooo glad to hear that you start Tuesday!!! maybe the anxiety is just excitement??? or maybe just because things are going so good you are subconsciously trying to sabotage yourself...but you are doing exactly what needs to be done, facing them and not running...remember, it's not the speed that counts, its the end result....and it looks like you're getting there!! Hooray!!!!

kronikles

Post by kronikles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello:
Thanks for the link to this project. I have regressed in the last month so I am fighting back. Thanks for your help. I will just have to beat the anxiety again. Thanks, WAW
Wayne

NHWS

Post by NHWS » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Will , I'm 31 yrs. old and I just started the program...again. I had tried it about 2-3 years ago, but life got in the way and I only made it to session 5. Now, I find myself extremly sad and lonely. My agoraphobia got in the way of my girlfriend and I, and she decided that she wasn't waiting for me to "get better". She then told me, after I prodded, that she had gone out with " a friend", who happens to be a guy. I told her that I was trying to get better, that I had started this program and she said " you go off and do your little program, I'm not waiting for you. My friends said I shouldn't even be talking to you, your lucky that I am!" And what did old anxiety Will do? I groveled. Please come back, I promise I'll change, I mean it this time! I'm making an effort, please don't leave me!" I've been crying ever since. I feel so low, so dejected,so unloved that I've barely been eating and find it hard to even go out to the front yard.I promised her that I would get better this time, and I mean too, wether she comes back to me or not. I've lost 10 years of my life to this stupid @#$-ing condition, and it has cost me greatly in the world of love. I guess I'm just asking for a little guidance, a little help from some people who have gone through the program. I want to get off my meds eventually, but I'm extremely skeptical of the program. I just feel like I've been the way I am for so long, how could I ever get better? I'm desperate. Please be kind, I don't think I can stand anymore negative energy coming my way....

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm posting really quick my successful day yesterday. I was able to start working in my yard/garden/property. I started burning the burn pile that was full of limbs from a fallen tree last fall. It was hard work as I gathered smaller cut branches that was cluttering my yard. I had been depending on DS 19, but he has been focused on other things and not helping in the yard. So I just worked on this project and fought the feelings of will I ever get this place back up to par? I had worked previously on my Memory Garden pulling or digging up weeds and then transplanting some plants so that the bare ground will be covered and new weeds will hopefully stay away! :!:

So my muscles and hands were sore. I found though that my anxiety is lifted from the exercise and being out in the sunshine. Also the feeling of accomplishment and getting back in my garden and doing what I enjoy. I do miss my dog I had to put to sleep two years ago due to an accident that led to a septic condition. But I enjoyed the present moment.

Anyway, as things progressed with my burn pile, my husband decided to come out and help me so that was great, as he knows I called a Gardener/Lawn guy to come and mow our lawn and put weed killer on the grass and weeds and the branches needed to be picked up. So that was wonderful. I also realized I need to get rid of some of my purchases of garden pots, etc. with the idea that I cannot cope with the "burden" of keeping so much stuff on my property. I really don't have the energy right now to follow that dream of growing a Plant Nursery and sell plants that I propagated.

So I mourned the loss of this dream for this time in my life. I'm not letting go of everything, but just the "excess" that is cluttering up my life. :shock: :roll: I told my older son that I'm ready for him to back up his pick up truck so that I can load these garden supplies to take to a thrift shop.

I also called a neighbor boy to come over and finish loading branches and leaves to the burn pile. Then he helped me rake up a large irrigation pond full of leaves and branches to continue taking to the burn pile, because water is expected to start coming down the canals and ditches and will be filling this large irrigation pond and then I would have a mess to clear out. Wet leaves are a lot harder to clean out then dry ones and where I can get into the pond. The pond is long and wide.

So more anxiety went away as I could see the progress made and that I have a "willing helper" whom I pay for his services.
He'll be over again to continue helping and I can see that I will be able to progress on making my yard presentable again.
Yippee! :D Some of you don't know my history but this is a Giant Step for me to be letting go of certain dreams and stuff. And realizing my limitations. I'm also ready to throw my Dad's stuff into the dumpster as well. We've kept his stuff on our property for 6 years now, rotting away. It is going to be hard, seeing the now damaged stuff go away. :cry: But I'm ready for a new me! ;) Paislee :mrgreen:

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Hey that is really great mcshope! I would have to agree that being self-employed would be alot better and i'm sure its so much better than working at a hospital. I hope everything goes well for you with the job. Is the tutoring a self-employed sorta job or how does that work? And how would someone get into that kind of work?

Hey its nice to see some new faces in here!

Kronikles thats what we are here for, well primarily we are here to build on the positives in life which in turn will help to make the anxiety and depression go away so really all you need to do is have fun and do some things that will help you to have fun even more.

NHWS I'm sorry that you have went through all those issues and sorry that your girlfriend has left you. The condition can be difficult for not only the people suffering from it but those around us too and some people just aren't able to handle it but just know it is the condition and not yourself. Also in these states we are more likely to attract people into our lives that hinder our growth. Its not fair how they treat us but it does unfortunately happen. Many people are skeptical of the program and that is fine, allow yourself to feel that way for now and maybe it'll change in the future. We would be glad to have you join us. Also thank you for sharing your pain with us I can tell you are very passionate and in such a painful place that you are ready to change.

If in the future you do feel the need to get out all that negativity and go into great detail I'd like you to do that in our Letting go thread http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087. The reason I am saying this is for the same reason you had posted at the end of your message about negativity. We'd like to keep the Building a Better Life about positive things and have the Letting Go thread about the negative stuff so that we can keep this thread a very positive and less stress place. So I do understand about how important it is to get that stuff out and such and the Letting go thread is a great place to do that and then in this thread you can post about things you find in your life that are positive or you could comment on how you appreciate what has already been posted or even post good videos. This will help to get you to focus more and more on the positives and that'll help you attract more and more of it and then you will start to see a change in your anxiety and emotional state. Again thank you for sharing and thank you for joining us.

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Paisleegreen you can be really funny sometimes. I would definately have to say you are trying hard and making some good process. Before you were alot more negative and talking alot more about what was wrong in your life and what you didn't want and now its a bit more of a mix. Its funny now because you talk about something good then switch to something bad then back to good then back to bad and then back to good. I couldn't help but laugh a little about that one. I am glad that you are doing your gardening again though because that is something you do enjoy doing and i'm glad you had gotten some help with that. Also do not hesitate to use the Letting go Thread when you need to vent. Let yourself feel this stuff and get it out, you are human and with everything thats been going on it would be healthy for you to let yourself feel the negativity and get it out but again use the Letting go Thread for that...you can always find the link for it at the end of my posts.

MIke

THH

Post by THH » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello Everyone! Welcome all the new people too! :D
Karen, I like what your therapist told you! Good for you on getting out there and building a new life! yay!
Paislee, Great job!
Hope, YEY! Good for you... congratulations~
Mike, Liked your video. That guy is a angel! :D
NHWH, Work on your program, you will have so many new life skills! Sorry your girl friend didn't support you. We all will. She may have hurt you now, but you will learn so much and one day you may meet someone who really loves you! Who will support you and make you feel good!

I went for a drive today down by the river. There are so many cute houses down there that over look the river. I dreamed of what it would be like to live there. Then I looked for my place that I would like to live in. I went down some roads that were like a cow path that I never been down. I was amazed at how many "New" homes were stuck here and there. It was a bit more rustic than I would want to live esp. in our winters, but it was fun and it opened up some room for dreaming. I seen a beautiful deer too.

Most of you know me as a animal / nature lover so a friend sent me this link to watch the Eagles. I'm not sure if anyone has seen it so I will post it. This pair has been together sense 2007 and they hatched 3 eggs. The babies hatched and it is a live stream 24/7 and they have a camera on them for the last 4 days. Their nest is 6 foot wide, 4 foot deep weighs 1000 lbs. It is a amazing thing to watch, quite boring at times, but I watched today as they had squirrel and fish for dinner. I think life is hard at times but nature shows me how hard it could be! I look forward to checking in on them and watch the little Eaglets grow. Maybe some of you would enjoy it too.
Enjoy~
http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Mike,
I am happy to see that you are getting out and enjoying the time with your friends.
I found the tutoring job on craigslist, someone was looking for a tutor for a 16 years old home schooled boy.

Karen,
Thanks. Teaching is something I always liked to do. Tutoring is the best next thing. :) It is only two days a week, but the pay is very good. Maybe I can get some other kids for tutoring.

Wayne,
Good to see you here. I also have had ups and downs, we are all working to improve.

Will,
I am glad to see you here, yes you are working on getting better. I am sorry to hear that you are so down. I understand the frustration, the anger, the disappointment. To me, a girlfriend or boyfriend, is someone who supports you and helps you get better. However sometimes it takes awhile to find that especial person. Try to focus on yourself, focus on getting better. Believe me, just follow the program, it gets better. We are here, whenever you need.

Paislee,
WOW… great job!!! You are doing great. It is a nice feeling to get things done.

THH
I have been looking for a new house too. We want to find a place where we can have the printshop and the house in the same place. We plan to sell our house, so now we are making a few repairs and basic cleaning and decluttering. Thanks for sharing the video.

Have a peaceful night.
Hope

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”