The BBL Project... Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
NinjaFrodo

Re: The BBL Project... Lesson 1

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Of course you can. Anybody can join at any time they want and we are starting right now. We have just started the project so we are still getting everything together and such but we are doing the most important part which is finding the good things in life already and celebrating them. Once we get the action assignments up then we will start to do those and it'll be up to whoever wants to share their experiences with the action assignments. Anybody who comes to this thread is in control of what they want to do or what they don't want to do (with the exception of going into detail on very negative things which is actually ment for the Letting Go thread which is linked to these lessons). No pressure here just fun and excitement! This thread is not so much about doing work but think of it more as in a big positive StressCenter.com party that lasts 4 months long with some action assignments or opportunities to enjoy the party even more.

Mike

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 pm

late already, didnt get online as soon as I thought due to an extremely busy yet fulfilling day :D
I will catch up tomorrow but wanted to share my new inspirational song :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFBMNAztxI

Lindalee

Post by Lindalee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 am

Hi everyone,
Iam so glad we are starting again. I was doing alright and satified with my progress and was comfotably living with my level of restrictions which weren't very many, so I got busy with other things and dropped out of our support group. But it looks like God wants me to continue to overcome this as I now need to prepare to haul my horses across the country myself when I move this fall. My biggest limitation is fear of driving on the highway. My only other choice is to find them homes and not have them anymore, as I must move and I can't afford to pay someone else to move them and my truck and trailer. So I have been redoubling my efforts to work the program, and so I would like to join in again.

I find myself getting sleepy and slow moving after taking the good days supplement for a couple weeks, has anyone else noticed this? I think it was helping my depression as I surprized myself by laughing out loud, and realized I hadn't done that for a very long time.

I may not be able to post real often, as I am enrolled in two educational programs. I will post as time permits.

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Paisle and Linda :D

Mike...I do not see any assignment in my Lesson 1....but then again my book has fallen apart in a few places lol

I am going to approach this time through a bit different.....I will read and keep up with the posts but am going to try to limit my amount of time spent posting....my counselor has pointed out that through the last year I use many things as an escape or excuse not to get out and live....so I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be reading everything just not always making long, in depth responses

now Im going to watch the videos that have been posted....
everyone have a great day!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:14 am

You have a Great Day as well, Karen L! Paislee :mrgreen:

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 am

THH.....loved the video......not only was it beautiful and peaceful, but it was amazing!!! amazing how so many people of different ages, locations, walks of life can all come together as one...this is true peace on earth...

Hope...thanks for adding the relaxation video..awesome to watch it while listening :)

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:48 am

thanks Paislee :D

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Mike,,,,I forgot, yes I do have the same program with the sky on the cover

today was a bit uneasy...just tired....contributing it to all the work I did yesterday in the yard.....tomorrow is a new day :)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Ok since Karen didn't find the action assignments I'll post them and keep in mind even if we finish a lesson we can still go back to a previous thread and do the action assignments if you want but I'll leave that up to you guys.

Action Assignments
(Action Assignments are NOT required course-work! These assignments are simply constructive exercise. Participate in as many activities as your schedual allows.) [That by the way is a direct quote from the book!]

1)This would b e a good week to make an appointment with your doctor for a check up. Be sure that your thyroid is tested. If your depression level is interfering with your daily life, this might be a good time to talk to your doctor about an antidepressant.

2)In a personal journal, keep track of your anxious episodes;
a.Where were you?
b. Time of day?
c.What did you eat or drink a half hour before the anxiety?
d. What were you doing?
e. What were you focusing on (thinking about)?

3)View Coaching Video number one, section one.

4)Begin to chart a plan to eliminate caffeine, sugar and any other stimulants you are using. Write a clear contract with yourself that details your daily plans for some type of aerobic exercise. Talk with your doctor about this.

5)Observe your behavior this week. Notice how much your "overdo" personality traits (perfectionism, worrying...) influence your anxiety, stress and depression levels. Catch yourself over doing perfectionism. How does your body feel? What is your emotional state when you realize "perfect" isn't possible?

6)Develop a "wish list" If my anxiety and/or depression weren't holding me back, I would...

7)Toward the end of this first week you may wish to sneak a peek at the end of Session 2 in the workbook. You will find a brief discussion and descripton of a breathing tecnique. Practice this technique for one full minute, ten times a day. Practice when you are not particularly stressed, anxious or panicky

8)Begin reading a motivational book

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Wow even Lindalee came back thats amazing! Glad you are still around and I'm not sure if you noticed but things are diffrent this time around. This project is not so much about beating anxiety and depression or about negativity. This is more of a fun place where we build on the good stuff and the action assignments can help us to build on that more as well as taking out the blocks that interfere with feeling good so this place is for everybody. There is also a thread linked to the project for venting and going into detail with things that upset us, its there to be negative in so we can keep this place fairly positive. This place is where we talk in detail about the positive stuff and we magnify that and in the other thread is where we talk about the details about the negative stuff in order to let that go.

I was never given the good life suppliments because they had a hard time figuring out my address because it was 9 & 1/2 and then the street name.

And Karen thats fine if you can't find the pages or if you lost them. Just let me know if you don't have them and I"ll just post for that week's action assignments. As for the posting you are not obliged to post any more than you want or have time for. And good music video you posted.

All
Nobody is obliged to post on a daily basis or respond to every post made or make in detail posts. I would actually suggest against posting just for the sake of posting or to make someone else feel better. Post to what you want to reply to. If you force yourself to post when you really don't want to or to a message you don't want to then you will only cause yourself stress and it won't come off as genuine as you might have hoped it to. All you really need to do is enjoy yourselves as best as you can where you are right now.

Mike

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”