The BBL Project... Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
mcshope

The BBL Project... Lesson 1

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 pm

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

So here we are, ready to start this project. The BBL Project. This project is the idea of a group of people that have gone thru the program at least once. We found out that having the support of other people made the process more enjoyable and increased our desire to keep working to improve our abilities and finally live without the fear of anxiety. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

The BBL Project is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We will start with Lesson 1 and start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the lessons, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences. :D

mcshope

Re: The BBL Project... Lesson 1

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:43 pm

I found this video, I hope you enjoy it.

Ready for the time to get better.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9V1p6PbtZZ4/

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Hope...thanks for the link....hopefully I will stay through the end this time :)

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:50 am

Today is going to be a busy day, I have a job interview at 10 and another interview at 12... I'm still dealing with anticipatory anxiety, which is no fun. I know that once I get to the place I am going the anxiety goes away, after that I can keep going...It has been a big help to understand that.
Anxiety, is just anxiety... it won't kill me.

I'll let you know later how it went.
Have a wonderful day.

Karen,
Is great to see you... We'll do just fine. :D

Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am

Hope
good luck on the interviews!!! seems like you really have a handle on the anticipatory anxiety :)

still have some struggles going out....but Im working on them....
my 15yo has her temps so now not only do I get to practice going out driving, but I have to give the control to someone else lol....but its going good :)
counseling this morning, now off to the bank and post-office :)
have a great day all!!

THH

Post by THH » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Hope,
Good luck with the job interviews!!! :D

Karen! Whaaaahoooo! Nice to hear from you. :mrgreen:

Mike wanted me to re post my video that I found on words, here. It is short but good. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m ... dded#at=13

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:08 pm

THH....hi ya!!!! how are you??
very powerful message in such a short amount time, thanks for sharing :)

ok...made it to the post office, bank, and 2 stores.....in the mean time I lost my phone....instead of panicking I went to the cell phone store to get a new phone, and the girl there suggested that she call my old phone first.....someone found and picked up my phone and was holding it for me :) I saved myself alot of discomfort thanks to the kindness of others :)

btw, for my old friends, I have not taken the loser back :D yea!!! and counseling is really helping...Ive had alot of breakthroughs and new insight......I need to just keep at the program, since now I do finally have an understanding I believe I can overcome this :D

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:59 pm

THH,
Thanks for posting the video, I liked it a lot.

Karen,
Great that you have kept strong... you don't need a man that doesn't help you become a better person.

Hope

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Before I get to commenting on the posts I would just like to say its really awesome to start another project with everybody, I know in the challenge we kinda fell apart in the middle but I did really enjoy the beginning. If you go back and check out the posts you would see that in the beginning we were all fired up and excited and positive and hopeful and inspiring and if we can have that kinda spark throughout the whole program then we'll be set!

One of the things I believe that kept up that spark is that we were talking about our accomplishments, solutions, ideas, our purpose and we were sharing more exciting, funny and inspiring stories, music, videos and pictures. We were focused on where we wanted to go but I think we started to lose that at some point and were talking more about the details of what we didn't want and the problems and we focused on the pain and where we didn't want to be instead of our goals and the happy stuff. So one of the things that is important is that we make this as light as we can!

In order to make this light I suggest not to look at the program as work or that you have to do anything or in a very serious way. Be silly! If you don't want to do all the action assignments then just pick a couple and focus on where you want to go. Our goal is NOT to overcome the anxiety! Our goal is to just have fun and enjoy ourselves! The reason I say this is because if you keep focusing on the anxiety then that will be the only thing you really see and after a short while you may become discouraged and think, "its not gone yet" or "it's still here" or something along those lines. Also based on the program Lucinda mentions about allowing yourself to float with the symptoms and just let them be and eventually the fear goes away and so does the symptoms. So the less you focus on them, the less time they stick around and the best way to do that is to focus on the good stuff! Let me ask you a question. What is easier to do, overcome the anxiety and depression or to make yourself feel a little bit better? If you can make yourself feel a bit better one day and a bit better the next day and the next day and the next day, where do you think you'll be after a month? or 2 months? or 4 months?

That being said it is still important that we put effort into the action assignments, workbook, lesson cds and practice opportunities because those things will help us to get to where we want to get and to experience those positive feelings like love, compassion, joy, excitement, confidence on a very deep level.

So you are in control of what you choose to do and how you choose to participate. You can post about your experiences with action assignments, or questions about something, your experiences with limitations, thought replacements, suggestions to others and you could also post positive stories, pictures, videos, music and ideas!

Also I do understand that at times we need to vent and let things go so I have created a thread for people to go and do that so they don't feel like they aren't allowed to feel negative and think negative and to keep the Building a better life series a more positive place. So if you are feeling really negative and you need to get it out then go there and do it. I will also be posting some videos there that are more negative in an attempt to let people who are suffering to know that they are not alone in their suffering. Here is the link http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 21#p710921-Letting Go

So lets build that better life and lets do it in the most exciting and fun way we can. Its time to lose that serious face and replace it with a silly one!

Mike

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:33 pm

excellent post Mike.....lots of great ideas :)
I forgot how how great your posts are :)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”