Depression

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
ntrjespinosa

Depression

Post by ntrjespinosa » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey,

I will be honest, usually I am up in arms freaking out about the smallest things. The past few days, I have really been experiencing depression instead. I am not so scared about things, but more wanting things to happen. Can people really switch like that or am I going through something serious? I can only describe it as: I lay down waiting almost hoping something bad will happen so I don't have to deal with what could be or is. While I do that, I think about my father who passed away almost four years ago and I think to myself, "I want to be in a place where I know bad things can't happen, I want to be with him." Has anyone else ever thought that way or is it just me? I really truly almost feel like I have made up my mind and thrown in the towel and I am just waiting. Does this mean something?

Pauly J

Re: Depression

Post by Pauly J » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:00 pm

You sound depressed! Focusing on negative issues and outcomes is the source of your depressive mood! Focus on better, positive things and expectations! Your brain will answer any questions asked of it!

Also if you are indeed depressed, make sure to be around others as much as possible, do not isolate yourself! I had to learn this the hard way! Being alone, and isolated from others can only make the depression worse! Take care!

pauly j

ntrjespinosa

Post by ntrjespinosa » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

I think about the things my family suffers from and worry. My grandmother on my mother's side has RA, which doesn't seem to phase her any, but I think about things like that. In depth too. I get online and read things about whatever I think about and it makes it worse, not better. In fact, it puts me into deeper depression. That could come my way. I don't like to think that I will hurt in my life, but it happens all the time. Which then makes me think that it would be better to go at this point then to live to only be in worse pain than I am now just worrying about it. Right now, just thinking about getting older makes my stomach, my neck, my head hurt. Not to mention the tension in my legs. I am hurting right now, and want to cry and I want to rest peacefully, but I can't relax. Something always comes to mind and I can't shut it off. The only thing I can think to myself that actually does the trick...as bad as it may sound...is that maybe I won't be around long enough to have where I would have to endure it. That maybe I will go before those things or that thing will happen. And it works most of the time. Does anyone else go through this or am I really just losing it?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi spinosa! Oh, you have described things I feel many times! Do as Pauly J suggested, try to be with people and change your thinking, or distract it by doing something else. Force yourself to go outside or watch something good on tv. Not scary shows or detective type until you are feeling better.

But best to start moving your body, go for a walk, or walk around your home for a bit. I know it is hard. I know what it is like to worry about getting older...I would love to be in a safe and beautiful place as well. I have a son that has left this world at a young age, I talk to him when I'm feeling blue or down. I tell him I miss him and wonder what he is up to. I'm comforted and I let the tears flow. Sometimes just pondering or praying and allowing yourself to let some tears flow will help you to feel better.

I definitely have felt these scary feelings and have found that prayer, talking to someone, walking, eating tuna, eggs, chicken, beef or sea food helps you to feel better. Also, stay away from too much sugar and salt, also caffeine and alcohol.

If you have the CDs, listen to Lesson 2 as often as you can. I have been on anti-depressants but not anymore. I went on them when I went into a deep depression. But I feel that I am not at that stage and I just work on a CBT program and with a Psychologist twice a month. The Psychologist works better than the Psychiatrist sometimes because you get 55 minutes of talk time, not a 15 minute med visit.

Keep posting...we're here for you. Paislee :mrgreen:

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 am

Bupropion is an antidepressant medication used to treat major depressive disorder. It is also used to treat seasonal affective disorder.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”