Scary Thoughts

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
BELIEVER27

Re: Scary Thoughts

Post by BELIEVER27 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 am

Thank you so much for you posted you made me SMILE knowing that I am not the only person that suffers from unwanted, scary thoughts. This is my first day of the program and I already feel tons better. Best wishes to you and to a great recovery. BELIEVER27

LizzB

Post by LizzB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey! I'm 20 years old, I've been going through this for 10 years and I know how you feel, but I have GREAT news. THIS WILL GET BETTER! You have to get mad enough and tired enough of it that you say "NO! you will not control me, I am strong! I will get through this!" And believe it! I'm not sure your religious beliefs but this has always helped me.
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it]." -1 Corinthians 10:13. I have found that without the Lord I have no strength. I hope this helps!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Boy, I've been feeling those scary feelings as well espinosa and Yendys. Fearfighter, I use to find and still do a bit, CSI and other shows like that scare me. I use to watch them all the time, but after my first panic attack and then anxiety feelings, I just can't watch them. I wonder if it is a good thing to watch them, and if by watching them they are truly helping or will later make things worse...

I wonder if these add negative thoughts and images to your brain that you later can't get rid of...or if this is a positive way of desensitizing to scary thoughts. I'm not saying nay or ye to this way of doing things, just wondering for my own purposes what is best to get rid of scary thoughts. Paislee

ntrjespinosa

Post by ntrjespinosa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I have had many thoughts lately. I worry so much about getting older. I am scared of the process. I don't want to go forward, I want it to stop so I can catch up. I feel like everything has gone too fast. I lost people and middle and high school has gone by. I want to be able to stop time so I can catch up and process everything I has happened and everything I have done, but since it doesn't work that way I get upset. I don't want to keep going on. I tell myself all the time that I don't want to live long enough to see what the future brings, but then start worrying that if I do die, if I had been a good enough person to get into heaven. I am just stuck between these thoughts. I fear that I would fail at being able to deal with anything that comes my way. I just coast from day to day, moping and hoping that I won't have to take it all on. I want to close my eyes and hope that it all just stops and goes away. I strongly feel so down and out and it hurts so badly physically. I laugh at things that I watch on television, but it doesn't feel real. Anything I do to make myself look happy in front of my family just makes me feel fake.

Rubeanz

Post by Rubeanz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 am

This is my first post and my first day on the program, But i have had all the things everyone talks about the scary thoughts, thinking im sick or going crazy. But what seems to help a lot is doing breathing exercises, they help take your mind off of your thoughts and help send signals to different organs of your body to take all the stressers off of your brain which cause your anxietyy.

natasha01

Post by natasha01 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:52 pm

I have the same problem and i also didnt have insurance but i called a local clinic and they had a sliding scale it was only $15 to be seen and i didnt have to pay right then eather. the doctor put me on celxa and that cost me $4 a month and it helps . i slowly pulled out of it and now when i feel like that i have my husband rub my neck and he tells me that it is going to be ok then i just keep repeating it to my self. when he is not there i call some one. I dont know if you have any relaxation music but if you do i would use it. i just put my head phones next to my head and try to do belly breathing. I also go to biofeedback and i was tought to take a bag of beans or rice about 5 pounds and put it on your belly and do your breathing it helps to distract your thinking. i also take my favorite cd and i crank it up and dance like crazy that might sound crazy but it kicks up your sceretonen which makes you happy. give yourself a break you are in the right place and as you practice you will get better. just rember this is temporary and it will pass. YOU WILL BE OK YOU WILL BE OK

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”