obsessive scary thoughts including suicide...please help!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Yendys

obsessive scary thoughts including suicide...please help!

Post by Yendys » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Hello my name is Sydney,
I have always dealt with depression and anxiety since I was a child and I suffered a few panic attacks too. Then they just stopped until my sophomore year of college where I became extremely depressed and had suicidal thoughts due to my failing grades and bad relationships. I took a year off hoping to get better but I have just gotten worst I have had three major panic aTtacks that have caused me to go to the emergency room where I was asked if I wanted to go to a mental institution! That has scared the hell out of me because I already feel as if I am loosing grip on reality! I feel that I am either going to kill myself or go crazy because there is no way I can feel this way forever! This program is MY LAST CHANCE and I am only twenty years old! Please if anyone can tell me does this thing really work because I feel totally alone and afraid!

neojibwa

Re: obsessive scary thoughts including suicide...please help

Post by neojibwa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 pm

I am just beginning this process and also feel like this is my last chance, but I am willing to do this with you. It is so nice to see other people out there and to know that I am not alone in all this.

dombranelle

Post by dombranelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 am

I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for a long time as well... it sucks, I just try to stay determined to beat this thing! I work nights and my anxiety is highest when I am up by myself.... I have more anxiety than depression right now, but I was really depressed at one point in my life and felt like I was going crazy! This was 6 years ago... I went to the ER 3 times in two months that year. I felt like I was outside of my body.. I really thought I was dying! Things will get better! I still suffer some but not as bad as I used to. I am just taking things one day at a time. There are so many others going through this, you are not alone! You don't have to go through this alone.

Peter Q

Post by Peter Q » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:18 am

Hello Sydney,
My name is Peter, and I do want to let you know that this program does work!! Well, I am only in the session 1, and am excited to be here. I am 51 years old, and will be 52 in April of this year. Started this program in June of 2009, and have gone through the "Jump Start" section at least 4 times now, and the introduction at least 2 times, and session 1, CD, and DVD, once, and plan to continue. Only read through the Introduction Guidebook, aproximately 2 times. The interesting part, and somewhat comical part is there is a secition near the end of the "Jump Start" DVD, Lucinda Bassett asks me, us to gather all of the course matterial. So, I paused the tape, and got all the matterial together. There are all the Sessions cases, on their nifty blue cases, and the holder for them like for a book series. I thought how professional, neatly organized, and I was terrified of them. I have the program since, June 03, 2009, and my first notes were in Wednesday, May 26, 2010, and again, finally Friday, March 11, 2011. I Did not open the case for the CDs for Session(s) 1-4, until the next day on Saturday, March 12, 2011. The amazing thing I found was, when I opened the case containing the CDs for Sessions 1-4; I found to my dismay, and amazement the "Sessions 1-4, Guidebook." Then I laughed briefly, not for a long time, because I thought this is a serious course, and I need to be very serious. Well, I also decided when listening to Lucinda Bassett, and listening to peoples success stroies, that it is ok, to laugh, and smile. So I am going to work on both, and take the course very serious. Oh, forgot, I looked all of my house for the "Session 1-4 Guidebook'" it did not dawn on me to open that fancy blue case containg the CDs for the Session 1-4. Ahh, what a relief.

To help you, first I do not have a degree in psycology, etc..., and I do have a background in the Culinary Arts, I am a Chef, and do have a degree in Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Obsessive Compulive xxx, and attempting to be a perfectionist... My interpretation of your notes is that you are not crazy, and are not going crazy. You are a wonderful person, that by the grace of God has chosen to take this course, StressCenter for - Attacing Anxiety, & Depression. Sydney, you are a wonderful person, are very strong, and courageous, because you are here. You are not alone the other entries on your posting is a testiment of that. They, including myself, are just like you, and we all deserve to have a full, positve, happy lives!!!!

If you have other questions check through the "Sress Center" web site, which is 24 Hour access, as well as the Peer Support Group, which is 24 hour access, as well. Also, of course is StressCenter 1-800-511-8999, and can be reached Mo. - FR. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Time. My location is Denver, so I always have to remember that if I wanted to contact them, hence the 2 hour difference thing; I have a tendency to forget that. Please feel free to reach out to people on this site, any time. You will find you are not alone, and are not crazy, and a wonderful person, and are needed here.Well to help us find our way, as well. With your experiences, knowledge, creativiy, and enormous heart, can help others in StressCenter - "Peer Support Group," site.

You, are an inspiration already, and contribute, when, you may not think that you have. That is the beauty of this course, you are of great value. Just, take this course, one step at a time, and follow Lucinda Bassett's instructions. Follow the system,/ program, in order, and write a in journal, etc... I don't want to sound like I am lecturing, please be patient with yourself. Oh, also the "Relaxation" - CD, will help immensely, and remember to breathe.

Hope this is not too much, Sydney, I do love your name by the way, and your are a very special person!!!! Hang in there, and remember, you can reach out to all of us!!!! You are a leader, and are a wonderful contribution!!

Oh, you can also send a PM, a private message to other "Peer Support Group, Members, if you wish. As you navigate around, you will notice it - PM on the right side, of the posted name. Don't feel bad, there are those that have worked with me in professional Kitchn(s), that I am an "anal Chef," a bit of a perfectionist, etc... In a loving way, nothing negative.

Thnak you so much for being here!!!!
& God Bless!

My heartfelt Best Wishes,

Peter Q.
Denver, CO
P.S. It is snowing right now! Oh, well it is spring in the Rockies!

Yendys

Post by Yendys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Wow!
I honestly did not think people were going to respond this quickly and I am so happy that all of you did because there is not anybody in my family or group of friends that can relate to me and that can be very aggravating and disheartening. When I read these responses I felt overwhelmed with relief and I started to tear up because for the first time in my life I feel like I have found a place where I belong...a place where I can be honest and emotional and understood. Thank you so much for the support! I am starting my session today and I am nervous and scared but virtually ready to change! I feel that all of us being able to vent to each other, support each other and keep each other track is such a blessing and a sign that we r only going to get better!
With all my love!-Sydney

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:01 pm

I completed the program in fall of 2009 it does work. I would recommend moving on to the next session weekly whether you feel like you are ready or not. You can always start over when you are done & redo the sessions you feel you need to fine tune.

When I completed this program I had peace for the first time in my life & joy. Things would happen that would have really upset me befor the program but, I looked @ them in a totally different way. I am redoing the program cause I am having a growth spurt right now. Which basically means I was so stressed out that it turned to depression which turned to anxiety. I wish I would have taken better care of myself. Live & learn. Life is good.

Take one day at a time. Practice your breathing & listen to the relaxation tape at least once a day.

Lyla

Peter Q

Post by Peter Q » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Sydney,

I am so pleased wth the responses to your issues!!!! You have responded soooo favorably, and with such acceptance, and a wonderful renewed, positive heart. !!!!!!!!!!!
way to go.

Oh, Layha Rae, of whom has contributed a Post on this site has finished this course, and has given some great suggestions. If, ever need to feel free to review those ideas to poceed with the Program. Stay positive, and enjoy the "Jump Start," DVD, coaching series -DVDs, and etc.... This is a great program. Just being here is helping me considerably !!!! Smile, and occasionaly feel free to laugh. Laughter is great for the sole, and is great for the heart, and is generaly good for our health, and is free, and is fat free.

Take care, Sydney,

Best wishes, and support always, your team mate,
Love,

Peter Q.

Congratulations, on your progress!!!!!!!!!!!!

dombranelle

Post by dombranelle » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 am

Hi Sydney... I am so glad you feel better! My name is Kim By the way and I am stuck right now on session 4... I just want to say though that I feel so much better and my anxiety is getting better daily! Now to work on the depression... :) I can do it... I am married And have 3 kids, so I have a hard time finding time to listen to the program. You can do it! I don't log in daily, but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.... be well :)

Yendys

Post by Yendys » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Day two...
I sort of had a hard morning because I did not get a lot of sleep and I got over stimulated by a minor problem that I blew out of prportion...but luckily I let myself feel the anger and depression for an hour and then I got up and exercised! That made me really happy! The only problem is the family member I live with just got a job where they work at night and I am now alone at night that causes me a lot of anxiety...I do not want to feel uncomfortable being alone...for all those out there going through this I hope you all are hanging in there I keep telling myself to take it step by step day by day....

dombranelle

Post by dombranelle » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:48 am

Syd....I know how you feel about being alone. I work at night and I am alone in a lab... there are other people around.. they just don't work near me, so I feel anxious just knowing that there is not anyone with me in my "little room" that I work in. I am also anxious when I get home and try to sleep when no one is here with me. I am getting better but some days are still bad... like today... my heart is beating faster than normal so I sm anxious.. and being anxious makes it beat faster, then I get more anxious! Vicious cycle! UGH drives me Crazy!!! well going to try to sleep for a bit. Take care all!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”