obsessive scary thoughts including suicide...please help!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Paisleegreen

Re: obsessive scary thoughts including suicide...please help

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Syd, I haven't read everything on here just yet, but will. I get fearful when I'm alone at nights. Not as bad as when I first had my panic attacks and that anxious feeling. Things are much better for me now than when I first came here. So just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Paislee :mrgreen:

LizzB

Post by LizzB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Hey Sydney,
I can relate to you. I'm 20 years old also! I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for 10 years. The first 3 years I never told ANYONE because I was afraid to. I though I was dying & I was scared I would have to go to the hospital(which would make it worse)! I experience de-realization which means I feel as though I'm in a dream & nothing is real. It can be terrifying! I know this is probably one of the hardest things you'll ever go through & at times you will feel it will never go away, but it will. I promise this is not how your life is going to end. You will feel the sun, laugh & enjoy life again! You are at the bottom & you can only go up from here! God Bless. =] Feel free to msg me I'd love to hear from you.

jones79

Post by jones79 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Is anxiety more severe in the morning?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Mine is...if I've had things that needed to be worked out the day before or bothered me.

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:34 am

Dear Dom
Focus on your breath it calms & soothes us.Let your shoulders drop imagine you are floating on a cloud. What are you thinking about? How you are all alone, which is scaring you. Do you believe in something greater than you? I do so I ask for help. I tell myself I am my safe person. Is your fear realistic, rational, reasonable?
You will get better I did & I thought I would be that 1 out of a 100 that it wouldn't work for. Negative!!!

I too thought of wanting to die but, I never considered suicide cause I felt it was a selfish thing to do. Remember life changes so fast that this or whatever we are going through will pass.

Life is Good

lisaniebla

Post by lisaniebla » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 pm

you posted this a while ago, and you have already gotten a lot of responses, but...
i try to remember this when i have suicidal thoughts:
I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!! I WANT THE PAIN TO STOP...
use the skills in this program to help the pain to stop.
best of luck to you!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”