Homework avoidance; you too?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Snootyboots

Homework avoidance; you too?

Post by Snootyboots » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:30 am

2-26-11

Hi, all!

I am having a problem buckling down and doing the homework and worry list sessions. Is anyone out there having this discipline problem, too? I need a hug! Thanks, Cheryl :?:

billlo

Re: Homework avoidance; you too?

Post by billlo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:08 am

Me too! started the program two weeks ago but it seems overwhelming. By the time I do the relaxation exercise and listen to the CD I feel anxious about taking time to do the journal and go through the lesson book.

Re:
Bill

miss_cynthia

Post by miss_cynthia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I completely understand! I am feeling the same way! I started the program about a month ago... started to feel better, then stopped. I had two panick attacks this past Friday, and now I am as anxious as ever again! So FRUSTRATING! I am now restarting the program, in hopes of a full recovery. I need some guidence and reassurance PLEASE!!! I feel so alone in this... and I am in need of some advice and words of encouragement. Thanks! Hope you all are doing well.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 pm

I have never fully listened to the relaxation CD due to not feeling totally alone in my house to relax! :D :| But I went on to the other CDs and I've never had the workbook, but went through Dr David Burns 10 Steps To Self-Esteem workbook a year ago which focuses on CBT training and it works. It has only been recently that I had my first ever panic attack and thus that is why I'm here.
If you need to go on to the next CD, because you are going to want to listen to all them again and again. Sometimes, it is good to get the summary or the gist of the program unless that is too overwhelming to you. I would suggest to relax your standards of perfection and do what you can do for now. These are lifetime skills to learn, so they aren't going anywhere and can be learned many different ways and on different timelines. Paislee

kin1

Post by kin1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:19 pm

i find the relaxation cd very hard to use as I am worked up too much i can't seem to relax.

Yendys

Post by Yendys » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 pm

I notice the key to the relaxtion cd is breathing and placing your hand on your chest. Even if u do not due the muscle tension exercises or visualization exercise the best thing to do is keep breathing and feel the beating off your heart began to slow down makes u start to relax...also try to look at an actual picture of a nature scene or something that brings you joy or peace of mind then memorize the picture and close your eyes escape to that place in your mind also can just began counting up until you feel drowsy it does help.

ntrjespinosa

Post by ntrjespinosa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 am

I really am not too sure about that relaxation cd. I listened to it once and couldn't get truly relaxed. I don't think that I will ever be able to do this. I am becoming more and more discouraged about getting better. I guess I am one of those people who wanted results and wanted them yesterday. I know we didn't get this way over night, but I am getting tired of fighting.

trappedinmyskull

Post by trappedinmyskull » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:58 pm

I am like many of you, I have had the program for a month and am just now starting the work book and listened to the relaxation CD for the 1st time last night and it really worked but I still feel like I am too far gone for this to work for me.

stephen male

Post by stephen male » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:17 am

while i havent done too much workbook i have found that the relation cds work for me.from the very first dvd i have started this journey to well just wanting to Learn,i just put the cd in my truck and listen to them.ive also been blowing thru the sessions and like they said trying not to anylyze it to deeply.i figure ill go thru them again and again.just knowing i wasnt alone was a big realization for me.One outa three poeple suffer from our condition and when i heard that i was stunned,So guys take it easy .ipersonally have been living hour by hour.forget day to day .i also carry the cards with the little reminders every day and every day i read them,usually all of them.

draggingsticks

Post by draggingsticks » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm

The way i am doing it is putting the program first above everything else. This program will change your life and I need it. Just make the time, its for you. Get up ealier, listen to it in the car, whatever, just make the time. As for the relaxation cd, it may take some time to get into the habit of relaxing. Sometimes i do the relaxation cd 2 times in a row just to relax. Sometimes It only takes one time of listening to relax, if i need to listen again i make the time for me. It will get easier and easier to relax. I am on facebook, i am always looking to make new anxiety friends. I am lesson 1 this week. Give me a shout.
Keith

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pr ... 1647622919

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”