Spaced out feeling???

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
amberlee

Spaced out feeling???

Post by amberlee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm

I've had this symptom for a year now and it is the worst feeling in the enitre world. It feels like a dizzy feeling. It feels like I can't concentrate. It makes me feel tired, and almost out of it, like a ten mile gaze. I usually get this feeling when I am in public, or at work, and sometimes it happens at home.

Does anybody else have this symptom? How do you deal with it? Is there a way to get rid of it?

I've struggled too long with this symptom and it has ruined my quality of life, so any advice would help me at this point.

Thanks,

Amber

westlynne56

Re: Spaced out feeling???

Post by westlynne56 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 pm

I have lots of other symptoms, dizzy sometimes. I imagine you've sought out medical advice...?

DitDashDo

Post by DitDashDo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:48 pm

How are you doing now? Are you currently in a program or self-help?

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Sounds like derealization! Common with anxiety sufferers! Having this for so long is unusual, in my opinion! Have you ever been on meds or on meds now? It can be helpful! I had it, and going on medication helped it to go away!

pauly j

livelife

Post by livelife » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 pm

I have it also ! it is awful.
i realize now that i space it out on my own and somehow i cant stop it though
because i think that when i am not comfortable in a place or something like that, or i think i am getting really uncomfortable i space out and just feel like i might go crazy :S it is absolutely awful. i seriously think that you should keep going with this program i am and some how its helped a little. i just started it this week so we'll see how it goes. :geek:

styvv301219

Post by styvv301219 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:12 pm

i have it too. it strikes anywhere and anytime. i just applied what i learned from the program to stop panic attacks like; DON'T RUN from panic attack, face your fears because it will just pass. in 15-20 minutes its gone. Nothing happened to me. i'm still alive, i did not faint at all although i feel like fainting everytime i have that panic attack. I even have shortness of breath sometimes during the attack. I just tried to relax and accept it. Waited for few minutes and it fades away. i'm just thinking that this is just an ANXIETY, it will do no harm to me, i will be ok 100% and will just go away. It always does. The program helped me somehow.

marie10

Post by marie10 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:12 pm

I have had that all of my life, and now more than ever. Just sitting and staring...it passes after several minutes. What is it? Or what did you figure out about it? Thank you!

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”