Panic attack a really bad one!!!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 am

Hi Chris35--Nice to have you here. Not quite the club you wanted to join, but we're all here with the same problems. That butterflies in the stomach feeling is not fun, I can attest to that! :eek: Mine has definitely calmed down since first panic attack.

Joining this website has really made the difference and listening to Lucinda's CDs and I just got her book From Panic to Power which is so nice to have to read anytime and any chapter since I just have the CDs. :) Paislee

controlfreak25

Post by controlfreak25 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi, Im so glad you posted this, but im sorry you had to go through that to put this on here. I had a horrible one yesterday myself at work it was so bad i had to go home. And i called in today cause i didnt want to face my co-workers or i didnt want to freak out again. Im off for the next to days so i hope i can calm down before then. But i know exactly how you feel it can be really scary. Just stay strong. I know thats hard. Because its equally hard for me too. Easily said then done i say. But we can get through this. Hope gets better for the both of us.

angelaiva

Post by angelaiva » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:38 pm

I get 90% of my panic attacks in the middle of the night. I wake up feeling that I cannot swallow and breath. My throat feels like it is slowly closing up and that will be the last time I can swallow. Then I panic even more and start to feel like I can't breath. I also get pain in my heart. I have to take ativan right away or I feel like I am going to die or go crazy out of my mind. Most of the time I don't even know what brings on an attack since they wake me up from sleep. Any one else ever feel this way?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 pm

angeldiva--I can relate somewhat to what you have experienced. I sometimes wake up because I can't breathe. Very scary experience! :eek: But I'm always relieved to know that I woke up and was able to take a breath! Always a good sign! :D

I do experience the butterflies in the stomach as well at night, that wake me up. I haven't needed to take anything, because I'm already taking Restoril to help me sleep as well as Remeron (which I don't like and hope to weaned off of soon).

I can say that I'm much better off than when I had my first panic attack and how the nerves after it during the night would just make my gut feel jittery sensations through the night. :eek: I no longer have had those strong and intense sensations for at least 6 months now, so that is nice.

controlfreak25--I hope you are doing better, I know that these panic attacks are scary and can really make one anxious and add to our anxiety level. I'm glad you are here as well. :) Paislee

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”