Weird feelings/body symptoms

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 am

So lately my head feels kinda funny, almost like I'm dizzy but I can't really give a name to it. I'm super paranoid about something being wrong with my heart even though I know there isn't, and my legs get wobbly sometimes. Is this just anxiety symptoms?

grandma loves arielle

Post by grandma loves arielle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 am

Hi Katie, Ifeel that way too.It is definitely anxiety.I was taken to the hospital by ambulance in june and all my tests were normal. I still check my BP regularly and its good.I also get weak & wobbly legs and that spacey head feeling can make me feel disoriented I hate that the most.These things cant hurt you its just very uncomfortable,Its also frustrating because it helps to go for walks but very hard to do so when your dizzy.Hang in there!

Jimicocobop

Post by Jimicocobop » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 am

It is amazing what are bodies will do to let us know we are overstressed.
I used to have heart related symptoms but was checked out OK, (stress test and cath)
Then I got other symptoms because my brain knew it could not scare me with the heart stuff anymore.

Sometimes something is wrong, but a good test is if it was a real problem you would not have it for years without something showing up.
Widowed two years ago by a drunk driver. Please don't drink and drive

Ruby2011

Post by Ruby2011 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi KATiE..ANXiETY iS PROBABLY ONE OF THE HARDEST THinGS YOU WiLL DEAL WiTH iN YOUR ENTiRE LiFE. i HAVE BEEN DiAGNOSED FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS NOW..AND ONCE AGAiN i WAS RUSHED TO THE HOSPiTAL DUE TO WHAT i THOUGHT WAS CHEST PAin..i AM 17 AND A SENiOR in HiGH SCHOOL..i REALLY FEEL LiKE i SHOULDN'T BE GOinG THROUGH THiS AND i AM STiLL DESPERATE FOR HELP..BUT WHAT YOU'RE DESCRiBiNG iS SOMETHinG i THinK OF AS A DEREALiZATiON..iT KinD OF MAKES it HARD TO ESTABLiSH WHATS REAL AND WHAT'S NOT OR MAYBE LiKE YOU'RE NOT ALL THERE. iT'S HORRiFiC..i HAVEN'T LiSTENED TO ANY OF THE CD'S BUT WHAT i DO TO COPE iS TAKE DEEP BREATHS..TRY TO GET MY MinD OFF OF it..AND GET ACTiVE ..SOMETimES it'S HARD FOR ME BEinG in CLASS AND i HAVE TO PRETEND LikE i"M OKAY ALL THE TimE..BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE in MY SCHOOL WOULD UNDERSTAND. JUST KEEP in MiND THAT it WiLL HiT A PEAK AND THEN iT WiLL PASS..i HOPE THAT YOURS PASSES AND AFTERWARD YOU WiLL FEEL LiVELY..ACCOMPLiSHED AND MOST DEFiNATELY SELF EMPOWERED..:)

~Jessica~

Post by ~Jessica~ » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 am

<span class="ev_code_PINK">How are you doing Katie?</span>

RyanEK

Post by RyanEK » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am

Hello! After reading this I just had to smile. Not because of what you are going through of course but because I am experiencing the same thing! I thought something was wrong with my brain therefore something was now wrong with my eyes. Im ultra sensitive to light and I freak out sometimes and feel like life isn't real. I can sort of describe it like "lightheaded" or "spacey". and it's SO HARD to do physical activity because I just get so DIZZY. I hope you get better soon. Just know that your not the only one, and that this will pass for both of us. Once it passes we are going to live life to it's fullest extent. Best of luck.

corina

Post by corina » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:37 pm

hello to all, yes i know where you are are comeing from. I have been on this program for 16 weeks and believe me it was a god send. i was to the point of giving up, but i knew i couldnt, i have a wonderful daughter mother and husband who are my world. I am on my last session cd right now i did get a little scared because of it being the last one. but to this day i still have the spacey dizzy what ever you want to call it cause i dont have a name for it either, and my legs sometimes feel as if they are not going to carry me, but i am waiting for the day that it all goes away, and i know deep down it will. and for the chest pains i have them all the time as well, i just tell my self its just the anxiety. please feel free to talk to me at any time, i like hearing from people who have the same symptoms as me, it just reasures me that i am not crazy and there is hope. i'll keep you in my prayers that yours soon end as well .god bless and keep smiling..

mark3414

Post by mark3414 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 pm

I have the same thing in my head only - no heart pains, i always feel dizzy, light headed, disconnected when i get anxious. i feel a little better when i have chamomille tea....but i really hope this program helps it go away permanently.

j33825

Post by j33825 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:41 am

Im rite there with everyone to i have the chest pains been to the er everythings fine and you wonder why im still getting them. i'll break into a sweat hands get clamie you try to focus and you work so hard at that, every thing around seams like its in a fog or real far away my daughter whos 8 will be talking to me standing rite beside me and she seams like shes accross he room , i feel like i'm about to jump out of my skin. once i calm down then i so tired its not even funny my husband wonders why the dishes arnt done house isent cleaned or aninals fed i try to maintain normal but whats that, the bad part is this my 2 go round with the panic i beat it before about 15 years ago and all of us will beat it again it takes time and we all want it now at least i do god bless !

Terri Molitor

Post by Terri Molitor » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:29 am

I to suffer from chest pain, been to many doctors, er, and stress test the whole 9 yards I just can not get it through my thick head that anxiety can give me all these physical symptoms I always think this time it's for real I call my doctor atleast twice a week to make sure it's not my heart. and she keeps telling me the same thing that it's not I have had this for 16 years yesterday when I had my first panic attack and ended up in the er.. It's been a vicious cycle. I start thearpy on wednesday i had to start zoloft she will not see me if i'm not taking medicine i hate medicine i'm afraid of it. Does anyone get chest and upper back pain so bad, that can tell me what to do so I get do it. And realize it's not my heart and be able to start to live again. Because I really haven't lived in 16 years. Please help.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”