sudden blood pressure spikes

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Elizabeth Widitz

Post by Elizabeth Widitz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:57 am

I have sudden blood pressure spikes also, for about 6 months. I recently had a stend in my main artery and thought that would solve it all.I am on 200 mg. hydralazine and 100 mg of metoprolol per day. During the day the blood pressure is actually low, 102/59. In the evening always around 7:00PM it starts to rise.
sometimes 180/90. I have a problem hearing and feel weak. I usually take .25mg of clonazepam(Klonopin) and bloodpressure pill if it nearly time to take. In about one hour my pressure starts to go down. Also, not every night but it wakes me up with the funny feeling and if I check it, its high, 170/85. I have had every test that is possible and I am still suffering.

Dave's Issue

Post by Dave's Issue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:04 pm

My spikes are really messing with me. Started three weeks ago (8-27-10) when I cut my finger nearly off and had the tip amputated 5 days latter. Started waking up with high anxiety (thought it was reaction to drugs - may have been - ozicodone and sleep apena). I'm taking Paxil and hydrochlorothazide for about 4 days now. I've got a big job tomorrow and can not calm down enough to sleep. Is there anyone with answers to knock me out???

Dave's Issue

Post by Dave's Issue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Just posted - forgot to mention this has been going on for 6 hours and its 10:08 PM EST.

Stressmess1111

Post by Stressmess1111 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Originally posted by heathuser:
Hi all,

First of all I am sort of glad to see that I am not alone. But on the other side it is said that modern medicine fails to find a cure to what seemingly is an obvious health problems.

Here is my story. I am in my low 30s. I don’t smoke, don’t drink alcohol, exercise daily, normal weight, maintain healthy diet. I know that this all may sound disappointing to a doctor since there is no way to jump on most obvious reasons and say: go do more exercise and stop smoking and you will be fine.

My blood pressure is usually slightly elevated. When resting it can be around 130/80 and during normal daily activity it can get elevated to 140/90. Still within reasonable boundaries. At some point in the past I started experiencing blood pressure spikes. I do have some amount of stress in the office but when the spikes happen it can be fairly debilitating. I can experience any of these symptoms: feelings of instability, pounding in the chest, strong pulsations in the head, strange ringing in the right ear and other symptoms. My blood pressure can easily jump to 180/100.

The onsets of these symptoms happen every other month it seems. I can go month – month and a half with no symptoms and then suddenly it starts. I have been in the emergency room twice with symptoms resembling a heart attack. All the tests that I did so far (blood tests, MRI scan, 24h urine) came back negative.

My experience with doctors has been really pathetic until now. They are either pill pushers or anxiety thinkers. I get a sense that they just don’t want to realize the severity of the situation. When I told to my doctor that I nearly fainted and have been in the emergency room I don’t know what she really thought. End of the days they are probably getting payed by visits and not by how much time they spend listening to their patients.

I am in search for a real doctor now if one exists. I got recommended one by one of my friends and I will see how it goes. I will try to find a doctor who can listen and receive what I am saying. Going to the standard pill pushers may just further destabilize the system. If I get to the bottom of what I have I will make a post. Hang on everybody!

Im in the same situation except Im about 15lbs over weight but do exercise regularly....was wonderring if u found a good doc??????? Please let me know

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:39 pm

You can use hypertension medication which is used alone or with other antihypertensive agents. Amlodipine Besilate–Olmesartan Medoxomil is prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Hopes to recover soon.

poet BTG

Post by poet BTG » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 am

I went to a chiropractor/nutritionist and got more help that from a regular Dr - he started by putting me on a diet designed to get rid of anything that may cause inflammation or be upsetting my digestive system. Then he suggested epsom salt baths to detox my system and food supplements. I recently switched to a liquid vitamin which seems to be making a difference as well. I have been able to cut my bp meds in less that 1/2 - on a very low dose now - looking forward to getting rid of them entirely.

babyblue_33

Post by babyblue_33 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:06 am

I am somewhat glad to see I'm not alone in this fight. I am 35 years old and was just hospitalized for something that they still don't know what to call it. But it was caused by my BP spikes. I had stroke like symptoms, still weak on my left side and unable to work. I don't remember what happened, but, my boyfriend said I told him I didn't feel right & asked him to check my BP. It was 280/170. I collapsed 2 times before he could get me into the vehicle to take me to the hospital. I lost complete use of my left side for about 30 hours. All of this happened on Nov. 26th. They have done MRI's, CT's, CTA's, ECHO, EKG's, etc. & are still lost. I am a very active, healthy person. They tried to tell me at first it could be migraines because I formed a headache after-the-fact. But no meds have helped. I continue to be weak on my left side and numbness @ the tip of my fingers. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? This has really got me worried that it may occur again.

mahyalin

Re: sudden blood pressure spikes

Post by mahyalin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:24 am

What food is good for someone with low blood pressure? My blood pressure is low, which food will help me regulate my blood pressure normal, so this can not lead to anemia in the future. I want some tips what are healty to eat for people like me, please serious answers from people with knowledge or also have low blood or had it in the past.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”