Hello I am new here

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Mokey

Post by Mokey » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Hello, I am new here. I just got the program yesterday and started on it today. I am so excited to have found something to help me learn how to deal with all of this. I have never been on a forum thing or anything like this so I am not sure what to say or do. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. Does this really work? Please don't tell me I am getting my hopes up for nothing.

cfe

Post by cfe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello and welcome
I am new here also. I have had the entire program and just never used it - now I am going to start tonight no more excuses and putting it off.
I have read and heard a lot about this program and I believe in it. So I think it will work!
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Welcome Count and Mokey,
Welcome to the forum and to the program you will find what you are looking for here. You will find support, comfort and advice when you need it. Mokey the program does work it is wonderful you are not getting your hopes up it will work if you work it. What I mean is the best advice I can give you is do the homework in the workbook I believe and so do alot of others here that is the key is to do the work and make sure you listen to the relaxation tape a few times a day that will help as well. So good luck to both of you and I look forward to hereing about your success. When you feel like you need it come on here on on the chat to get extra support or just to share victories.
Take care and God bless you on your journey to recovery.
Mimi

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi everyone I'm new. I just listened to my first CD, I was excited and anixous. I hope this works for me. I need all the help I can get. It's nice to now that their are others out there like me.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:12 am

Hi, I just started the program last night. I am an active member of AA with over 2 years of sobriety. My question or concern is that this program will give me a false sense of ego and that I will float out of AA and eventually drink again. So the question I guess is there any sober drunks on here that this is working for?

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:43 am

This program does realy work. All you have to do is to be commited to doing it. I compleated it last June. It helped me so much, but since I compleated it, I didn't walk away like I was healed for good. I went on reading a lot of books like those in the book club. I still run into situations that I need answers to. That is when I come back here to read these posts and post some of my own. I am here now because I have been verbaly abused at work and it herts.I found the answer that I needed and posted it here under verbal abuse.
This isn't just a fifteen week program. This is a life changing program.
We shead dead cells every day and it takes seven years to have every cell renewed. It will take time to renew our thinking and emotional feelings that sometimes can devestate us.

Glass

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello Sandy
I was going to listen to the relaxation Cassette yesterday and still have not - I have this thing about laying down and relaxing..
Its like I am afraid to go to sleep - like I am going to miss something.
I know that sounds odd...but it is something I am dealing with.
So Welcome and let me know how it was to listen to the first Cd

~*schnauzermom*~

Post by ~*schnauzermom*~ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:34 am

Hello how are you ? Iam knew also
"Afterall, everybody only hears what he understands." by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”