Ok so back to square one!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:44 am

I need to motivate myself. I feel like I am taking a step back but oh well. Start off right and do it right! This is what my therasipt told me. That is what I am going to do. Just the time he wants me to put into this program I just can't seem to find. He says 10 times a day to do the relaxation. Hello that is two and a half hours a day. Then listen to the weekly cd and do the workbook for a half hour. That is 4 hours a day! He says I can do it. I am going to try!

I need some chearing on LOL
~*~Christine~*~

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:26 am

You can definitely do it. I have gone back to all of my cd's many times depending on what seems to be bothering me that particular day. You have to believe that you are not alone and we are all here to support you and help you through difficult times. Sometimes just hearing lucindas voice calms me and puts me in a much better place. You know what you need, but take one day at a time and definitely do your breathing when a difficult time comes on and definitely use the relaxation cd. Take some time for you. I know that is one of the big changes I made and it has helped me so much. I also have put exercise into my life and it it something I am finally doing for myself. I will be a cheerleader for you and I know there are many others out there also cheering you on. Take care and love who you are.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:02 am

You have to be realistic about finding the time to do the program. If you start worrying that can't devote the time your therapist wants you to that in itself will cause you MORE anxiety. I try to practice the breathing exercise 10 times a day, 60 seconds each time. That's 10 minutes. I listen to the relaxation tape 3 times. If the weather cooperates I like to take a walk on my lunch hour so I listen to it then. I may not be able to fully participate in some of the muscle relaxation but the overall tone of the exercise helps me. Then I listen to it again on my drive home from work and finally I do the whole exercise just before I go to bed to help me sleep. I listen to the weekly CD three times per week and I watch the video once. I journal each day and write down any anxious episodes that I had, how it made me feel and how I got through it.

If you can find the time that your therapist recommends that's great! But if not, maybe try to modify the routine a little bit so that it works well for you. The most important thing is that you do a little bit each day.

Good luck!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Oh yes lik sfsm said,

also with the work book, I counted the pages in the assignment for the week, devided that by 7, and made sure I did that many pages a day. It took the pressuer off, if I had time I worked ahead a few pages, some day's I didn't have as much time as other days. doing the work book is big, but the journalling is huge.

You can do it, set your mind to DO IT. I assure you it will pay off.

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:47 pm

cfe

I am writing that quote down regarding God's gift, that is a nice saying :)
I hope that positive thinking will become more part of my life than this negative thinking I always have.
The Lord has not given me the spirit of fear but of power, love and a strong mind.

cfe

Post by cfe » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:57 pm

I am also listening to the relaxation tape it is helpfull .
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:22 pm

[
QUOTE]Originally posted by Spectro49:
cfe

I am writing that quote down regarding God's gift, that is a nice saying :)
I hope that positive thinking will become more part of my life than this negative thinking I always have.[/QUOTE]

It is a matter of renewing your mind, Lucinda's course is a wonderful help with that, I started journaling against my will, as I hate writing, but it helped so much to journal my negative thinking, and turn it in to positive thinking was a giant step in the right direction. I had a holistic MD. tell me "when fighting the darkness use the LIGHT" Dr, Royal Las Vegas Nevada. he is on the radio out there. highly renound, "Jesus is the Light" that can light up your world, walk in the Light, and lighten up! 8^) it will work miracles for you, I have been a graduate from this course for 2 years, and it just keeps getting easier, but it takes practice. don't should you yourself, and don't should on others, my biggest problem, was not having any compassion for myself, and my neighbors were short changed, because you can't love others if you can't love yourself.
God Bless ya

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 pm

The relaxation tape is helpful except for the breathing part that seems to frustrate me for I can't get the technique down so I am trying not to dwell on it that much. The tape is helpful though when I have finished listening to it on most days!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm having a hard time with anxiety again. I started week two today, but have had more anxiety since starting the program than I have for the past year. I know they say it is normal to feel anxious about it, but this is really hard. To go from feeling okay to having panic attacks again makes me worry. Did anyone else feel this way?

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”