Starting again and getting it right

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
anxiousk

Post by anxiousk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

I'm starting over again tomorrow :) What a great place for support!

Dianne H.G.

Post by Dianne H.G. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Welcome anxiousk! We are all in the same company here about trying again no matter how long it takes. We are here to listen if you want to tell us about yourself, how you are feeling, or experience with the program.

Hey, Sherrie - you are on a good roll there! I am with ya, you have great determination; I think I'll go ahead to Session 7 too. So let me know how it's coming along. I think I am pretty OK with the anger, too but it's funny you mentioned not dealing well with rejection, b/c that is exactly my current situation I need to work on. So maybe we can change how we think about it and not feel like it's some personal short-coming or like I can control it somehow if I persevere and try to make it come out positive. Sometimes it just is and I need to leave it alone! Work on how I feel about it instead. Is that close to what you do with rejection?

I miss GirlW and her awesome pics, too. I know she'll check back in and until then, we'll keep her in our thoughts until we hear from her again.
Sign me "Still here and trying to get it right!" Dianne

InChaos63

Post by InChaos63 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:58 pm

Hello all you SOO's. Welcome to the group Anxiousk. Dianne is totally right about us being here for you anytime you feel like you have something to say or if you'd like to open up about yourself. There truly is no crime in starting over. It's always so easy to move on to the next session, but always feel free to go back and review. I personally have been on session seven and assertive behavior. This is definitely an area where I lack. At work I have to supervise a group of drivers and warehousemen and counter people, so I have to be somewhat assertive. If only I could those assertive powers in my life outside of work. Maybe then we wouldn't have gotten ripped off so bad from a couple of contractors when we tried to do a remodel last year. Sometimes I get mad at myself for not standing up to these people. That then leads to those feelings of low self esteem and lack of self confidence. I'm more aware of it now, thanks to this website. So, on another subject, I did get my results from my sleep study. They have found that I have sleep apnea, so today they gave me this breathing apparatus which I can't think of the name of. It seems like such a monstrosity to try to sleep with that thing attached to your head. It is supposed to help with my sleep, so I'm all for that. I've been sleeping so poorly for so many years, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself if I get better sleep. So for now, I'm ready for almost anything. Dianne, thanks for your concern about my sleep. I'll keep everyone posted about my progress. Tonight is the first night. So, I'm going to close for now. Good luck to everyone and good continued healing. Matt :cool:

just my luck

Post by just my luck » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:01 pm

HI all SOO's and a big wish for you all to be Great. Thanks Dianne you're a big inspiration to us all with your strength. I made it through 7 and it's on to 8 for me. I will have to say I'm going to enjoy 8 it's what I needed to give me a boost. Things are working out for me latley and I am feeling more positive myself. With winter around the corner I know with less sun you have to find you're own way to help you along these cold winter months. I have been looking for a job and it hasn't been too good finding one. I know I will, and with the holiday season upon us it should get easier. It's just a matter of time and I hold that thought, it's what I want. I know the down day's are behind me and happier one's are ahead thanks to this program and a book I read called "The Secret" and God. I'm now looking forward to the future which before I was uncertain of my future. That itself is a big one for me getting older and knowing how long I have lived with depression and anxiety. It's my time to have some fun and stop beating myself up about the past and thing's I cannot control. I'm facing my fears and they're not so bad after all, as I find. I'm gettin out of my box of depression and taking a good look at what is really out there and it isn't bad, and no one is looking at me. So what if I have depression. Any one who judges me has a bigger problem than I. If I am a little anxious about something, so what, I'm human and I'm not the only lonely with this problem. It's all in how I handle it and feel about it myself that matters. I feel I have come a long way's with this and all of you have helped me move along this path. It's all what I have attracted from the first day I saw Lucinda on tv. Each step we take in life is for a reason. I have come closer to God with this program and all of you who have blessed, praised,thanked or spoke his word. The book I read and the most simple thing on this earth, LOVE.
Each and everyone of you who have joined, or read this post has helped or been helped I want you all to know I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are loved. I realized now how much strength it has taken for me just to get to this point to realize how special you all are to me. I know some of you are having a real hard time now and just to let you know. You are loved if by nobody else then you are by me and reading this means your a good person. I draw my strength from this thread and in the help I get from reading all the posts again. For the one's who read this thread I pray it help's you too. It's been a while and I won't be so long in posting anymore I will be checking this thread most every day. I won't let myself get down so low anymore I know that doesn't mean I won't have my down day's just I will take them one day at a time. I want to be realistic about my life and know it all isn't happy go lucky, but I know I don't have to dwell on it and it isn't my fault and doesn't mean bad things are alway's going to happen either. It's one day at a time for me and with practice and patience they will be better one's for me. We all have it in us to be happy I realize that myself by thinking better thoughts when things aren't going so well, it works. Why fret about something you can't control. It's going to happen or has already. Move on, life does. So all of you SOO'er's be well and if today was bad there is alway's tomorrow to be better for you.
Have a Great and Blessed Life ;)
Love Sherrrie

just my luck

Post by just my luck » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:00 pm

Hello SOO's I know you all are doing great and in time you will let us all know that. It's never easy to get the courage to change your life, but it is worth it. To face your fears is always hard and the first time you do it you're exhausted and want to curl up and make the world go away. Or if you do feel good about it you just know the next time won't be as good. I know I'm going through it right now step by step and I'm getting there. Sure, I wanted to stop the program, say it's too hard and what good is it doing me anyway's just making me more anixious. I don't think when I get to the end of this program I will be healed and ready to take on the world. No program can do that, only you can yourself. It's your mind. This program is just a tool to help you get there. In the end it's all up to you. I realize it and know I will be working at my happieness the rest of my life. This program has and is helping me get my sea legs to sail through life happy. I'm learning it's me and all in my mind that is holding me back. The what if thinking, fear, anger, beating myself up, not thinking good about myself. I love myself now I know I can do things good and have fun. There are things I can't control and why some things happen is just they do and you move on. I deal with my sadness like I will have sad day's and not worry about them. I wish for all of you to find your inner peace to be happy in life it's far too short to let it slip by being unhappy. If for no other reason just smile :) even if you're not happy or there is nothing to smile about just smile ;) every once in a while. I'm with you all and here for you all if you want to let me know. You are all good people and deserve to be happy.
Bless you all and Have a Great Life. Sherrie :p

EvyLight

Post by EvyLight » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:51 am

Hello. I'm new to this site, but I have the program. First, my aunt told me about it and I listened to a couple of tapes she had, and decided it was time to order my own. I got them in June, and now in November, I'm making another attempt to get through the program. No one should beat themselves up for starting over in the program, it's the last thing any of us needs:). I'm in college, about to finish up soon, and I have to pay attention to my classes too, so I know that the program is a big help, and commit to as best I can. I do have to start over some times.

-EvyLight

just my luck

Post by just my luck » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 am

Welcome EvyLight and Hello to the rest of SOO's too. Evy It's sure nice to hear your story and how you come to be doing the program. All or most of us know where your coming from we all are starting the program again and this time we will make all the way. You need to take your time it's not a race and you don't have to do all of it at once. I worked into it and listen to the cd's while I was driving and read the carry along cards when ever I needed reassurance and it helped me alot. I have went through some hard times with the program and good time are ahead of me now. I know you and all of us want to be happy and your right that we shouldn't beat ourselves up either. I did that before I started over until I said nothing is going to change unless I do it myself. With the holiday's upon us it makes it a little harder to cope,but with this thread and everyone's support we all will make it through and be happy doing it. I know all of us are working to be happy and will succeed doing so as long as we don't give up. It's never too late and I'm happy to hear from some of you even though you don't feel so good. We all have our bad times and nobody here is judging you what so ever. You all have my support I'm almost through 8 and after Thanksgiving I will go to 9 I just think I want to stick with 8 a little while longer it's been good for me so why not LOL. No matter where your at with the program if you had to start it again your doing it and wanting to make a change for the better. So think of it as you learning a better way to live happy and it's a good thing your doing. Heck you didn't get negative over night so it's might take a bit to be happy. I know your all out there and wanting to be happy maybe a little scared you won't be able to. I say think positive and smile focus on the little things and not the big things. If today is a bad day then tomorrow will be a better day you can only go better you can't get worst. I'm wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving and love one another feel for each other. Rap the love all around and hold on tight it will keep you warm and make you smile :D.

Have a Blessed and Loving Thanksgiving Love Sherrie

InChaos63

Post by InChaos63 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Hello all SOO's. Forgive me father for I have sinned. It has been several weeks since my last post. It isn't that I'm not interested in posting. I love to write and I feel as though this type of forum is by far the easiest way for me to be able to express myself without feeling as though I'm being judged. Hello Evy. It is always great to see that you don't give up on the program. You are right, there is absolutely no shame in having to start over. All of us in this group have started over. Some of us more than once. Even if you finish, it's great to be able to re-review some of the sessions. Good luck with finishing your school. You'll do great. Just remember that with all of the insecurities and frustrations and anxious moments, there is always someone on this website that can relate to your situation and help guide you in the right direction.
Just my luck, let me just thank you for keeping this post active. You've obviously been through an awful lot in life and yet you've come so far with your mental outlook. A lot of people can draw from your enthusiasm and encouraging words. I can't recall which session it was, but one thing that they explained was that perspective is key to helping in recovery. It isn't what happens to you in life that brings us anxiety or depression, it's how we react to it that makes the difference. Life throws so much at us, good and bad. Sometimes the good stress can be as dangerous and scary as the bad stress. It's all in how we deal ith it. So, I really hope that people can draw from your positive energy and maybe some will start to post again on this thread. What a great and invaluable tool. So, with the holidays coming upon us, it's easy to fall into that abyss of depression. I hope that all of you find peace of mind and know that there is love and hope and peace still left in this big scary world. I pray for all of you to find these things and share them with your loved ones. God bless you all and Happy Thanksgiving. Matt ;)

Dianne H.G.

Post by Dianne H.G. » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:50 am

Hello to my SOO friends and welcome to new SOO EvyLight. Like Matt, it has been several days (weeks?) since my last post...we must both have been raised Catholic - "forgive me for I have sinned."! Plenty of guilt to address...I want to tell you how much your posts to this thread keep me going. Sherrie, you are such an inspiration - what you are expressing is exactly where I've been/am. Looking for a job is so defeating sometimes. It took me 4 months to find the job I'm in now, and 4 months for the one before that. There are lots of variables there, but I learned how to take rejection - it's not personal at all, and your number will come up. Just know that - it's a game of probabilities so put yourself out there as many times as you can. Also, I want to get that book, "The Secret." I watched the movie 3 times I think, and it really resonated with me on many factors. Critics say it's more New Age froth, but that's why they are unhappy, being so closed and critical...we have hope and are reaching for happiness - if what The Secret has to say helps us with that, isn't that wonderful?! So I say we should stay open - being closed off means staying miserable!

Matt, you are so special. I'm still on Session 7, working on the assertiveness improvement vs. using anger to express myself - learning how to use that anger appropriately rather than thinking all anger is bad? Just allow ourselves the range of emotions and how to feel in a healthy way. How is that sleep apparatus working out for you?

Well, I will go work on my program now and stay in touch. I have a job that involves a 1 hour drive, so my days are 10 hours now, but I am grateful to have my job, I like it when I get there, and know that if I awfulize the drive, it makes it worse. So it's all about attitude. Same thing with the holidays - enjoy all the good things about your Thanksgiving, make it a positive event, esp. for those who care about you - they want to see you enjoying yourself and their company! Dianne

just my luck

Post by just my luck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 am

Hello SOO's and I know you all made it through Thanksgiving too. Hi Matt and Dianne you both inspire me by the nice words you write. Thank you for posting it gives us different wisdom into our venture of being happy. You also inspire everyone that reads this thread to see if they are like everyone else were all human. If I have learned one thing it is what I think and what I feel I control that and no one else. I have reviewed 8 and moving to 9 I had a bit of a time because I never got this far in the program. the book is like new. I'm facing my fears and gave myself control learning how to make the next time eaiser.It's going to be interesting with lession 9 and Guilt. I know I have been working on it already. I'm still doing it so this should be good for me and help me learn the not to feel guilty or worry about things "yes" I can't control. Getting in the same habbit's is not getting me anywhere and so changing it up should. I don't know all the anwsers just one I want to be happy. The second half of my life I am going to make better. I'm not bogging myself down about not doing all the steps in the program. I'm moving ahead and making sure I finish it all the way. I may get down or life throw's it's negative energy at me I will keep learning to be happy and I will be. I keep on posting Dianne and Matt you give me energy to and helps me grow in becoming happier in life. it's going well sofar and beleiving in myself to get me there. Every step I take down this new road of beleiving is a better one for me. I think good thought's and I'm not going to worry myself to death. I will take things with a grain of salt if it's a problem I'll solve it then it won't be a problem anymore. Til later all SOO'ser's good luck keep going don't stop now we've come so far.Yes Dianne please stay in touch all of you do it will make you feel good to get it out to someone who cares.
Have a Blessed and Great Day and Beleive it.
Love Sherrie ;)

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”