Hi, new here

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 am

I hope it is comforting to you to know that there are people that have had similar experiences and react the same way (with anxiety). Its not your health - rather, your mind!

I am so exhausted from it. I hate to go to the doc again to make sure I am ok but that is the only thing I can ever think of doing. I am a prime canidate for anxiety I just wish I could except that its anxiety and not health related issues.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am

I know how you feel, I keep thinking its something else, and I know it's not, but sometimes I wish it was, then I could have some kind of control over my emotions, I know how you feel, I'm just as exhausted, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to alone.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 am

I used to feel so alone - but now that I can go to this website and talk to people that know EXACTLEY how I feel. It is a real comfort to me. Although sometimes reading other peoples problems makes me worry a little so I still have to be careful.

Session 10 is really good. It talks about obessesive thoughts and it does offer relief. You may not be there yet but when you do I think you will find comfort in it.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:04 am

The week before my period I get very anxious! It is awful. It obviously is all the hormones in our body going out of whack. It is very uncomfortable but just believe that the Fear is FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL. We can beat this and learn to turn off the anxiety demons.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 am

I wish I knew how to turn them off, I don't know how much more I can take of this, don't worry, not going to do something stupid,I keep telling myself, your going to be ok, it's going to pass, but my mind won't let it, and I don;t know how to stop it

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 am

Hi: I amnew tothis also. I live alone. Lost my husband 10 years ago. I don't like living alone. My kids would like me to come live with them - they don't have the room. If we could a place big enough for 8 people it would be great.

This is an old ouse and sometimes the sounds get to me. That is why I am the mess I am now.
I LIVE IN SNOW COUNTRY. nEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH SHOVELING SNOW UNTILL THIS PAST weekend. I had a attack that left me sore sore. Someone I work with suggested a sleepy time tea to help me sleep. I don't know what was in it, but i sure felt the side effects. It is supposed to be all natural.

I haven't realy gotten into the tapes yet. tried the relaxation tapes twice abd fell asleep before they were over. I guess that sayhs something for them.

Take care

Rita Flesher

Post by Rita Flesher » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 am

Hi, I don't have the tapes, so I can't use them, but when I get my taxes back, I'm going to order them, I'm so sick and tired of feeling like this, my support system is gone, my son moved last month and my friend moved out also, so there went that, I have my fiance, and my other 2 kids, but one is 6yrs old and the other one is 11 months, they are a big help, it's nice to know that they are here, but adult company is what I crave. you know? I ordered the free cd from Lucinda, but that hasn't come yet, and I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:58 am

The cost was a real issue for me as well but it has been worth every penny. I still have my days or sometimes weeks at a time but I always bounce back.

I have my husband and family who all know and live with anxiety as well and I still feel alone. I really think once you get the tapes you won't feel that way.

My anxiety has something to do with my mom - because everytime I am going to see her or do something with her I start to worry about my health - like I am avoiding the situation and I preoccupy myself with worry. My mom was over for a visit and now my anxiety is sooo much better. Do you think you are avoiding something? I know it seems hard to believe that,that could be why you feel anxious but everytime - I am able to find the real source of the problem. Weird???!!!

Crave

Post by Crave » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 am

Hi, I could be avoiding something, but I have no idea what it would be, maybe I need to go to the cemetery and say goodbye to her, I didn't go to her funeral, there was a big mix up about how I was getting there, I thought someone was going to call me, and she thought I was going to call her, yesterday was her birthday, it was a hard day, all week as been hard. I try and keep myself busy, but there is so much one can do. you know?

Jackie

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”