Starting Over

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Mandii94

Starting Over

Post by Mandii94 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:42 am

Hello everyone!

It doesn't seem like this forum is very active but I would like to reach out just in case (if anyone wants an accountability buddy too).

I started this program back in 2012 when I was 17-18, but never fully completed it. A lot of it did help though. I still suffer from OCD, anxiety and the occasional panic attack, but I am not on medications anymore mostly due to this program.

Fast forward to today I nearly had a panic attack trying to get to work. I haven't slept well and could barely eat. Now I'm sitting here anxious and obsessed that I'll get fired for calling out at last minute. I'm so sad and worried that I will never feel "normal" because of these symptoms and thoughts. It makes me feel weak :(

I really want my life back. I feel like I have recovered in some ways but I still feel like I'm battling. So long story short: I'm starting this program over again from session 1. I hope to meet some fellow recovered people, or people who are still on their journeys to recovery.

Thank you for reading,

Mandi

coachchris

Re: Starting Over

Post by coachchris » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Hello Mandi,

Welcome back! We have many doing the program again.
Sounds like lessons 2 and 3 would be helpful right now for you.
Remember to practice the 6 steps from lesson two. They help us exit the adrenalin cycle and not fear the fear.

We are having a coach chat Monday evenings 7:30 EASTERN if you would like to join. The chat feature appears at the top of the forums once you are signed in.

Please email if you need any further help.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

Mandii94

Post by Mandii94 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Chris,

Thank you for your reply and for the reminders. I will definitely review those sessions again- I remember finding them very helpful in the past.

I would be happy to join the chat on Monday... looking forward to it!

Thank you,

Mandi

Poida10

Post by Poida10 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:35 am

Hi Mandi, I know how you feel. I have anxiety depression as a result. I'm not depressed 100% of the time thankfully.
I got to level 4 last time e and stopped. My biggest fear was, I'd get to the end of the program with some improvement but not 'on the otherside' as someone recovered. But I'm back again, and I'm up to session 6.
Usually after an anxiety episode. I'm trying to work at thinking positive as soon as I can after such an episode. Its working too. I'm trying to stop 'listening to how my body feels '. That stops the 'depression ' hanging around a few days. My wife made mention of that earlier today. So I can honestly say the program is working 😁
Poida

Mandii94

Post by Mandii94 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Poida,

I'm so glad to hear the program is working for you!
Im now on session 4.

That's very relevant, because I think the group mentioned in session 4 audio that they were afraid they wouldn't be "cured" by the end. I think that's a common fear fueled by our perfectionistic traits. We feel like we have to do everything right the first time around :?

Yes that positive thinking is so important! I always try to give myself credit everytime I have to deal with something that produces anxiety. You deserve to be proud of yourself for any bit of progress! :D

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”