I hate taking this stuff!!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:33 am

Jean,
I take Pristiq too. I have been on it for almost 4 months. Please let me know how you are doing on it. Not many people take this med because it is new so I like to keep in touch with the people who take them.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

little ol' me

Post by little ol' me » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:47 am

I hope you all check back for this link, <A HREF="http://www.theroadback.com" TARGET=_blank>www.theroadback.com</A>. It's a program to help you get off meds SAFELY. You can read the book online and print it for free. There are supplements available to help with withdrawals and symptoms, etc. It's an EXCELLENT program with free phone support. I just finished getting off my effexor mainly because my marriage was suffering from the lack of sex interest on my part. I wanted to want it...I just...didn't. Things have been better in SO many ways. The supplements from The Road Back really helped with anxiety and sleep issues especially, but I got lazy and stopped taking them. I had to start taking an OTC sleep aid (Unisom) again, but I like it a lot better than klonopin. Since I stopped taking the supplements I have had a few BAD days, but I'm learning how to handle them with THIS program. I think I'll start taking those supplements again though. Omega 3's really help and so does the Body Calm Supreme!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!

DEB EMENHISER

Post by DEB EMENHISER » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DR. I WAS ON EFFEXOR AND LATER LEXAPRO FOR FATIGUE AFTER BRAIN SURGERY. THEY HAD NO EFFECT. I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BEEN TAKING A SUGAR PILL. ANYWAY I STOPPED COLD TURKEY BY MYSELF AND WAS UP MOST OF THE NIGHT. I WAS AFRAID OF EVERYTHING. EVEN THE SHEETS.

maria k

Post by maria k » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 pm

UPDATE: Just an update to help those who are new to this.... Last year at this time, I was soooo worried the lexapro wasnt working on my second go round. Well, after 5 MONTHS of weaning up in total and 2 FULL months at 20 mgs, it FINALLY kicked in and I felt like myself again.

I felt great and continued on it for 6 months, but being the personality of not wanting to be on any meds, I slowly weaned down after being at 20mg for 6 months. I was absolutely normal and myself after being off it for 6 more months but alas, these last few weeks, it has slowly crept back in.

Both times with Lex, after feeling good (first time only needed 15mg- 2nd time needed 20mg), I only stayed on it 6 months (obviously not enough time). Sooo, I am going to start it a 3rd time, but this time will stay on it longer. Also, before I start, I am going to try to remember that the anxiety gets worse (at least with me) with these meds BEFORE it gets better, so I HAVE to take a benzo during the process and not sweat taking it because it does help. I have seen too many people (myself included) afraid to take it for fear of getting hooked. But once the AD kicks in, you will slowly get off it. I did every time and never had an addiction or withdrawal problem.

Good luck all and Im sure Ill see you on here when my anxiety kicks up and I start panicking Im never gonna get better again. lol. At the very least, this anxiety nightmare has educated me tons and I wanted to pass it on to those who are frightened.

But my point of all this is dont get off too soon. Weaning up is like 4 months of hell for me and why do it again if you dont have to.

As for all of us on here. I swear on everything, even though I was "healed" and feeling so much better, I still prayed for everyone on here that was suffering and will continue to do so. God is bigger than this anxiety and he will get us through it and never leave us.

Take care, Maria

AndrewG11

Post by AndrewG11 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone on here has taken the herbal supplements that came with the program. i've taken them for a week and i suppose there might be a small amount of increased relaxation. also, i am going on anti-depressants for the second time. prozac. i was only on for a couple of months the first time, and was wondering if anyone has had success or problems with it, or what to expect. thanks
Andrew

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”