I hate taking this stuff!!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
jeannebeans

Post by jeannebeans » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:33 pm

I take zanax a few times a day and now I am on Pristiq for an anti-depressant. I was off anti-d's for two years. the only good thing about this one is that it has virtually no side effects. I want to get and stay off of all meds eventually. I will be victorious!!!!

tiffanytee

Post by tiffanytee » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Jeanne, with such a positive attitude, I am sure you will eventually be off meds for good. I'm still taking my buspar. I'm scared to let it go. In due time.

bwm

Post by bwm » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:53 pm

i feel the same way i take lexapro and klonapin i want to get off of them both so badly it is one of my goals. i hate the side effects, i know with willpower and mind over matter we canm all do it.

deezy

Post by deezy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:10 pm

The meds are make us feel better and we are so lucky to have them, our bodie and our minds will let us know when we are rady to discontinue all meds. I stopped meds 5 years ago but I still carry klonapins w/ me just in case I need them, I haven/t taken 1 in a very long time but I know it's ther if I need it!

rhondack

Post by rhondack » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 am

Does anyone else have the major side effect of disinterest in sex do to the medication? I am taking Paxil CR. I am taking 25mg and I want to decrease it. It works well but like all of you, I want off the meds and not be dependent on them.

jadee

Post by jadee » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:11 am

I too would like to be off my meds, and I know the day will come. I am thankful that they helped give me the strength to get my life back together. I no longer hide out in my house, I am back working full time (and loving the money I am making), and I am enjoying my time off with friends and family. I havent had a panic attack since last May and I have had virtually no symptoms of anxiety or depression since August:)
When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past. ~Author Unknown

jeannebeans

Post by jeannebeans » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:13 am

I guess I should look at having medication to take as a blessing. It's better than the alternative -- suffering. I will trust in the Lord to get off of this stuff altogether eventually and that is my prayer of all of us!

linsey

Post by linsey » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am

Meds are to help us. We need to all be very cautious about stopping or changing dosages before talking to our doctors. The meds really do serve a purpose, which is to get us chemically balanced. I love the program, but I think it is one tool, and meds are another. I need all the tools in my toolbox!

missgsr

Post by missgsr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:26 am

Originally posted by rhondack:
Does anyone else have the major side effect of disinterest in sex do to the medication?
Oh yeah. I would be happy with sex once a month, if that. 99% of the time, I'm totally uninterested. The other 1% of the time, I get a burst of interest but 10 minutes later, it's gone.

One of my biggest goals is to be off of my medication but, like most of you who are also on meds, it's a scary thing. I think it's part physical, but mostly mental. It's a comfort because we know it made the suffering go away. We just need to remember that we CAN do it and when the time is right, we WILL succeed!
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:33 am

Jean,
I take Pristiq too. I have been on it for almost 4 months. Please let me know how you are doing on it. Not many people take this med because it is new so I like to keep in touch with the people who take them.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”