Has any one taken Lopressor ( beta Blocker) for heart flutters?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Kim Doc

Post by Kim Doc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 am

Hi I was wondering if any one has taken Lopressor tartrate ( metropolol)for skipped/ fluttered heart beats? If so, has any one had any success?
I have been on it for well over a week, maybe closer to two weeks now and I still continue to get these annoying flutters. Sometimes they are a bit violent and scares the pants off of me. :o

Hope some one out there can share their experience.

Rembember, with Jesus all things are possible. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:26 am

Hi ya sweet heart
My name is Don and I have a two page letter of how the Lord Jesus saved me. I cannot attach the letter here, but you can request a copy at my e-mail address tearsforjesus910@aol.com
Is There Life After We Die, well of course there is!!!
Tears for Jesus Ministry
Last edited by Donald W. Sautter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:35 am

I've been on atenelol 50mg for about 2 years. Atenelol is another beta blocker. I was put on it way before I ever realized I had an anxiety problem. I found it extremely helpful. I had palpitations and rapid hr rather than skipped/flutter heart beats, but I love the medication for my situation. The only time I've ever had a problem was when my blood pressure went up my doc upped the dosage on my beta blocker and it noticably lowered my hr, which in turn increase my anxiety about dying. Once I adjusted to dosage back life was good again. Hope this helps.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”