effexor xr withdrawl!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Valeria83

Post by Valeria83 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 am

has anybody had withdrawl syntoms when stopped taking effexor xr? how long do they last? and what are they?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm glad u posted this cuz I am currently dealing with coming off Effexor XR 150mg a day. I don't want to scare u because everyone is different, but my withdrawl symptoms are awful. terrible nauscea, tingling all over like in my tongue and extremeties and it feels like in my head too. this weird numb spacey feeling i can't describe. when trying to sleep i get weird twitches and the other nite i woke up and I got so scared cuz i thought my arms were red! it was so scary but it was a mind trick that the lack of meds were playing. so i'm not sure if some of the symptoms are messing with my eyesight as well. it's no fun and i've got a few more weeks to go before i'm totally off of it. if u aren't on it, i'd talk with ur doc before he prescribes it to u because Effexor is known to have bad side effects and withdrawl. Wish i knew that when i was put on them

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 pm

I was on effexor too, and can you believe that a doctor that was subbing for my regular doctor told me I could just stop taking it, like cold turkey, when I told him I wasn't sure if it was helping anymore?! I'll bet it would have been alot easier if I had been weaned off effexor, if you quit cold turkey, you will feel horrible, at least I did. When I was on it I did feel better, though. But if you travel, make sure you pack it, because in a few days you could start to experience weird feelings.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”