Is medication-free really possible?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
egriff

Re: Is medication-free really possible?

Post by egriff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

LyndaLu wrote:egriff:

I just read your November 2011 post and it has given me hope for the New Year.

I have been on several medications for the past 4 1/2 years now
and I am hoping that this is the year that I can slowly eliminate them
from my life. I am going off of my medications slowly and restarting myself on
doing the program for the second time. I am hoping that everything works out
well and that sometime this year I will be drug free.

Wishing you and everyone out there a happy 2012. Lynda.
I just saw your reply (not sure How i kept missing it?) I am thrilled that I am of inspiration to you. I saw you are trying the TEA forms so I hope they are as helpful to you as they have proven to be for me. Keep up the good work!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:29 pm

I have been feeling "blue" lately. Of course I am over-analyzing the whole "situation" by wondering if this feeling

of boredom is from me trying to wean myself off of my psyche meds the past three months. This "blah" feeling

can stem from so many other things. First of all, I have noticed that a lot of people have a problem with this

month of the year. This "season" sometimes brings them down. There is also hormones, I am going

through menopause ( ? ) and this can affect my mood. Thyroid problems may affect my health as well, as I have

nodules on my thyroid. So, I have just been scaring myself about this "mood" I am in, thinking it is from lowering

the doses of my medications. I really must start listing my accomplishments and acheivements again because this

will make me feel like living life again and keep me from remaining stagnant, as I have been recently.

Does anyone have any withdrawal stories to share? What are some of the symptoms ?

FROM SESSION TEN..................

I feel calm. I have peace of mind. It is good to let my mind clear, to let thoughts drift in and out.
I feel relaxed. I feel soothed. I feel comfortable.

Lynda

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:58 pm

dear cory: How are you doing on your medications. Did you finally get that prescription that you were
waiting for ? Haven't heard from you, keep in touch.
Lynda

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Arlenez wrote:It definitely is and I am living proof of it :P I would also recommend the TEA forms for those who are self motivated and willing to work on them daily for a while.
Me too Arlenez :mrgreen:

gro2gr8nes

Post by gro2gr8nes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:53 am

I think it can work! I was off meds for approximately two years. Presently, due to recent attack of depression and anxiety,
I'm on lorazepam 1mg and Sertraline 50mg. When I first started with it I felt like it was working. I felt great! However, about a month latervI had to cross check the package for the expiration date on the meds because i'm experiencing strange body sensations, racing thoughts and panicky fellings. Previously while on meds,this has never happened to me. I never experienced anxiety while on meds before. So I'm using the self talk and breathing technique skills learnt to fight this. Whats putting the whip on me is my inability to sleep.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 pm

dear gro:

I can't sleep either. I was taking one Lunesta pill at night and one Seroquel pill at night.
That helped me to sleep. I did not like the side effects the next morning. So, I have
lowered my doses to 1/2 a Lunesta pill and 1/2 a Seroquel pill at night, in addition to
taking my Lamicatal ( 1/2 a pill also ) at night. I do sleep for a little while, but I wake
up often. I am in the process of lowering all the doses of my psychiatric medications
with the intention of eliminating them in the near future. I don't know what is going
to happen with my sleep when I run out of the Lunesta pills, as well as the Seroquel
and the Lamictal. All three medications cause a person to be drowsy or sleepy.
I hope you get some good sleep in the future, we all deserve a good nights rest.

Lynda

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:13 pm

JR5 wrote:
Arlenez wrote:It definitely is and I am living proof of it :P I would also recommend the TEA forms for those who are self motivated and willing to work on them daily for a while.
Good to see you posting again JR5!

Hi Lyndalu :D

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 pm

egriff
Thanks for the HI
and good to hear from you.
Lynda :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:48 pm

You too Lynda :P
I hope you things are good with you!

WW

Post by WW » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 pm

JR5 wrote:

Count me in too (or three lol) Arlenez

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”