Is medication-free really possible?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
LyndaLu

Re: Is medication-free really possible?

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello All:
An update to my medication situation.
I am now back on medications after being off of all of them for a year.
I am not taking as many medications as I used to and the doses don't seem to be alarming to me.
I was so sure, before, that I could make it without the medications,
but I was wrong. It was not a success story.
Later, LyndaLu

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:52 pm

WW wrote:Amen to that!
But not gonna waste my time anymore hoping for things that pass me by and choosing to focus on all the good possibilities I have to look forward to now :D :D :D
Great strategy!

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Lynda,
So glad you found what works for you :D
There are no failures just learning experiences!!!
I never would have been able to have gotten off of all my meds were it not for practicing all the new skills I learned in CBT. It was a lot of work and I made sure I was proficient at using my TEA forms before I slowly tapered off my meds.
I tried dropping meds before I learned CBT a couple of times and was not successful fwiw.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi lilchrissy :!:

I was in an Outpatient Program in October/November 2013
and during my time there I was learning CBT skills and many
others things that I would need to aid in my recovery.
I received a lot of great information there and I had a lot
of support from my therapists/teachers and my peers.
I use these skills every day. I have to practice them every
day in order for them to become as much a part of my
life as breathing. I am so grateful to the folks that run
the Outpatient Program that I participated in. With
their help I got the jumpstart that I needed. I am looking
forward to a healthier and happier future. I did work the
program in 2010 and 2011. Everything in the program works,
but I needed the assistance of therapists, teachers and
my peers to help me along the way. I was way more receptive
to learning the coping skills in the environment I was in
at the Outpatient Program. NOW all I have to do is:
"Practice, Practice, Practice"! Some days it is hard to
remember to use the skills that I learned, but I know that
someday it will become second nature to me. It has only been
2 months since I "graduated" from my Outpatient Program.

Thank you again for your support.

LyndaLu :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:00 pm

So happy to hear all that LyndaLu :D
I can attest from personal experience that CBT works and eventually does become just like breathing. It takes time but I can tell you life is amazing once they do take hold. I still use my TEA forms a few times a week as a preventative measure but probably would be fine now even if I didn't now.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:01 pm

I have found that natural supplements really help me. I've been taking NRF2 and Serenity from a company called Naturally You. They also have a great product that helps with pms symptoms called female balance. I have noticed a difference and love the products! It's great! I feel like a new person.
You can find them at wwwnaturallyyouonline.com

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Well, I am only 53 years old and I feel like my whole day is spent trying to
remember when and what medications that I need to take. It gets quite tiring !
I have psyche meds to take in addition to medications for other health conditions.
I take medication five different times a day...morning, early afternoon, late
afternoon, early evening and then before I go to bed. If I am out running
errands or attending activities I have to constantly remind myself to take
this or that medication. I realize that I really DO need the medications, but
I was wondering if anyone out there felt the same way I do about taking SO
MANY medications all throughout the day. ( Sigh :? )
LyndaLu 8-)

mattrush1234

Post by mattrush1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:37 pm

I love this course!!! I started having really bad anxiety attacks a year ago when I found out my 14 year old Daughter was raped at a friends house. All is good now with my daughter. However, I have been on Prozac and Klonopins for the past 6-12 months. My anxiety was so bad I racked up $5000 out of my own pocket in emergency room visits this past year from nothing but anxiety and almost got fired from missing work. I’m sorry, but I have to rant about doctors for just one minute before I get on to my point. I believe it’s just a business, and many doctors love to make money with all the test's they can convince you that you need. I know there are a lot of great doctors out there that want to help people, but I don't think the medical association in a whole has our best interests in mind. People would be shocked if they did some research and knew what they were really up to. That's why in the year 2014 as advanced as we are, we see no real cures from drug companies for anything at all. What a joke! They just keep introducing new band aid drugs on TV commercials all day long. Lets face it, It‘s all about the money. They don’t make as much money if they start to cure diseases. Every time you read on the internet “not mainstream medea” of a good caring doctor that finds a cure for cancer or something you read about them winding up dead, missing, weird car accidents, or thrown in prison for random reasons a few months later. Why is that? Thanks for letting me rant. I hope you do not have to rack up emergency room visits for your anxiety like I did. I’m a little mad about the $5000 if you can’t tell. Ha Ha.

The good news is that my brother bought me this wonderful program Three weeks ago and It has helped me so much! I used to have to take a klonopin every day just to get to work. After going through lesson two I am now down to about 1/4 of a klonopin every 3 or 4 days. I'm hoping to be off of them totally soon, when I'm ready. I was on Prozac for 6 months. Even though it probably helped with depression a little, it made me feel horrible at night and I did not like the side effects. I would wake up in the middle of the night with huge anxiety attacks where I was confused and did not know where I was. So scary at the time, but now I'm not afraid of them anymore. The attacks come on a little here and there, but it's not that bad when you know they will always pass, they won't hurt you, and you‘re the boss! This program is proof that you do not need pills. Your mind is far more powerful than any pill out there. Besides, I'm convinced you can't get pills that cure you of anything in the U.S. There seems to be only "Band Aid" pills that don't cure anything, but make the drug companies millions. I'm in week two of the course and I can already see a big difference. I am so grateful for this program. I can't wait to finish the program and go through it again. What a life changing program! Thank you so much! Good luck to you all and have faith and God Bless!

Jim63

Post by Jim63 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:23 am

Dear Maryk

I would discuss this with your MD before you try anything. I think it is possible to be med-free - you just have to take your time and taper slowly.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:36 pm

I could not agree more!

Good to see you posting Lynda :D

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”