Klonopin Daily use?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
HopeinHim

Klonopin Daily use?

Post by HopeinHim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am

Has anyone every used Klonopin for a few months on a daily basis, and successfully gotten off it without horrible side effects? My Pdoc really wants me to try this, but I've heard so many horror stories (yup, on the internet, of course), that I'm scared to give it a try. Thoughts? Thanks!

CynthiaOctober

Re: Klonopin Daily use?

Post by CynthiaOctober » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi! I have no experience with that medication, but I still want to offer you encouragement. I can't stand having to take medication, but I am lucky enough that I don't even need it daily any more, and the worst thing that happens with mine is it makes me sleep. That was my biggest problem, that my brain would not let me sleep. Just don't give up and keep finding new ways to de-stress. I have always been a "worrier" and now realize I come from a long line of maternal "worriers." I also realize now at 57 that every one of them was being medicated, and medication was not as good as it is today. It's clearly a personality type in my family! I am just lucky that I found this program and am listening to all my sessions for a second time this fall. I have made a lot of progress, and know you can, too.

HopeinHim

Re: Klonopin Daily use?

Post by HopeinHim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Thank you, so much Cynthia! I appreciate the encouragement. I too come from a long line of worriers. No big surprise that taking meds worries me! I completed program several years ago and it helped a lot. I've been trying to complete it again now, but just can't seem to stick with it and do the work. Seems life always gets in the way. I'm terribly worried about becoming dependent on a med like this, but it's a great encouragement to hear that you've been able to not need to take yours every day! Thank you again for the words of encouragement!

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”