Trintellix

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
missgsr

Trintellix

Post by missgsr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi All,

My debilitating anxiety has been well controlled on Lexapro for years now; however, my depression has not. At 50mg/day of Lexapro + 2mg/day of Abilify, my doctor told me I should be feeling better than I do so she's switching me to Trintellix and increasing my Abilify.

I am about half way through the transition. Currently I've weaned down to 10mg/day of Lexapro and am up to 10mg/day of Trintellix + 5mg/day of Abilify.

Does anyone have any experience with Trintellix? I'm concerned that it will work well for my depression but not for my anxiety.

missgsr

Re: Trintellix

Post by missgsr » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm

I'd almost forgotten how terrible anxiety is...but today I was reminded. I sit here at my desk at work staring around the room...in such a fog that I can't seem to accomplish even the smallest tasks. I've cried so much in the last day that my right nostril is clogged and this is just adding to my anxiety. I wish there were someone here on the boards to talk to...I feel so isolated and weak right now. :cry:

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi missgsr,

Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
It looks like you have been going through some medication changes. Has the new med been helpful for you? Also curious to know if you do relaxation or exercise and it that has been helpful for you.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

missgsr

Post by missgsr » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Thank you so much for replying, Coach Chris.

I went to see my doctor again yesterday and we decided this new medication (Trintellix) is not the right fit for me as it is primarily for depression and I primarily have anxiety. My "what if" thinking has come back FULL FORCE...I find myself thinking and scaring myself about the most random things that probably won't happen and that I have absolutely no control over. I've had a very difficult time sleeping and when I do, I dream so much that when I wake up, I don't feel like I've had the "mental break" of sleep. We've decided to wean back onto my old medication (Lexapro). I told her I'd rather be depressed every day than deal with just one day of anxiety.

This episode has also made me acknowledge that I could be doing WAY more for myself in terms of diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques. I eat like crap, drink coffee, don't exercise, and don't take the time to practice relaxation. To be honest, I've been riding the medication train and have not been practicing my tools at all. Now that the medication isn't working, I have nothing to fall back on. I do feel hopeful because I know there is so much I can do to help myself.

I am happy to report that I've begun the program again. I've got my CDs on my iPod and have been listening to Session 1 constantly...in the car, in the grocery store, everywhere. Today I am starting homework. I have hope because I know this program works IF YOU WORK IT!

Again, I can't thank you enough for your reply. It means SO much to have support when dealing with these debilitating issues.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”