Just started Xanax again to assist with BP

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
flguy123

Just started Xanax again to assist with BP

Post by flguy123 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Hello everyone!

I have had success with the program in the past, but as we all know anxiety is something we need to work on. I recently went to my doctor with very high bp. I knew some of it was from my panic attacks. She listened and ran tests (everything came back normal) and we have one more test to run (ectocardiogram), but more then likely its a combination of needing new BP strength pill and taking Xanax. I have taken Xanax in the past on occasion-- 30 pills can last me almost 5 months (.50mg). However my doctor has recommended that I stay on Xanax, atleast for now, 2 pills (.50 mg) per day until the BP goes down. I am little concerned to take such dosage, but it seems to relax me at times. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation. I just don't want to get to use to it. I was told I could go up to 3 pills, if necessary over the next month.// Side note=== CVS pharmacists need to realize that we are all not druggies and sometimes we need these meds. They made me feel like I was going on crack .. LOL

randy c.

Re: Just started Xanax again to assist with BP

Post by randy c. » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:55 am

figuy, I would put my trust in what the doctor says.Try not to over think it.If it dont work your body will tell you.

annief1

Re: Just started Xanax again to assist with BP

Post by annief1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 pm

I just want to say to be really careful with that drug. My doctor prescribed this drug to me many years ago (can't remember the strength). He wanted me to take it 3 times a day. Even though I was relaxed as hell, it got me kicked out of my graduate program. I simply could not stay awake in class. I also could not drive too well with it. I would follow the doctor's orders, but I would also look into other natural remedies for blood pressure problems. For example (if you can handle the taste), beet juice is supposed to lower it naturally.

Good luck! Keep us all posted.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”