Starting medication someone help!!!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
1254smit

Starting medication someone help!!!

Post by 1254smit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 pm

Okay- so I am having a really hard time with this new medication. I just started Zoloft today at 1030am. All day today I have been nothing but anxious/panicky. It won't go away no matter what! I feel so weird! It's scaring me because I don't want to kill myself or what ever and I'm nervous that I will because of the warnings on the medication. It scares me so much. I don't know what to do! Any advice?!

hope11

Re: Starting medication someone help!!!

Post by hope11 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi smit: Have you taken anything like this before? If you read through these posts, you will find a lot of us are afraid to take the meds too. I, for one, am extremely afraid of meds of any kind. My dr doesn't like to even think he has to give me an antibiotic because I am allergic to everything and always have problems. My story started a little over 4 years ago now and I am still on meds for anxiety. I have fought it the whole way through but really had no choice but to learn to accept I need it but pray some day soon, I can get back off of it totally. I have been reducing it for a while now. I can't tell you it is a breeze and that I don't get scared from some of my side effects. I have just had to put my faith in God to take care of me. As many of us can tell you, sometimes you have to get adjusted to getting on the medicine just like trying to get off of it. I had some weird things happen when I first got on them. I couldn't take Zoloft but tried it twice, Celexa, Effexor, and finally Paxil. I had some crazy things to go through but once I got adjusted, it got better. I still have anxiety and don't know if I will ever be med free but I am trying. It has been a rough ride but I figure if others can do it, maybe I can too. I thank God that I am much better but know that I have a long ways to go. Let me hear from you and I will try to give you support and encouragement like others have given to me. It helps to know someone understands. Good Luck!

NanaBJM

Re: Starting medication someone help!!!

Post by NanaBJM » Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 pm

I cud not take Zoloft . I found Xanax to be very helpful along with this program and therapists. Have you asked to try Xanax ? For anxiety ?

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”