Lexapro

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
falconea1

Lexapro

Post by falconea1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi all,

I am currently taking 5 mg of Lexapro. Small dose. I am someone who never takes meds (I dont even drink coffee). However, I got to a point where I felt I had no choice. I figured for now, I will take it to slow the brain down (I am an obsessive thinker), while I develop new coping skills and go thru the program. My goal is to get off these meds ASAP bc I hate taking them. I don't really feel any side effects, but just the thought sucks.

Anyway, has anyone tried StressCenter vitamins? Are they good??

randy c.

Re: Lexapro

Post by randy c. » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:05 am

hey falco, I tried the vitamins back in 08 when I first started the program. I couldnt tell any difference at the time but I was also caught up in my own head and couldnt relax enough to tell.I dont guess they hurt anything so I say go for it (unless you already have). ;)

Grandmaof3

Post by Grandmaof3 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:27 pm

Hi All:

I have wondering what others' experience has been with Lexapro. I have been on it since 8/22 and am currently taking 10mg a day. It really helped me with my anxiety and realized I was also with suffering depression too. It has really worked and has allowed me to get a hold of my thoughts and go through the program MUCH better. One big question I have is how long have you all been on it? What has been your experience?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon May 08, 2023 4:46 pm

Hi Gram,

I would recommend to also use the search box in the upper right corner for help with this question.

My personal story is I was on Paxil for about a year in my mid 30's. It really helped bridge the gap for me while I learned new ways to respond to stress and put into action the tools in the program. I came off of it very slowly. Diet and exercise really helped too as well as letting go and letting God. :)

I hope this helps.
Coach Chris

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”