I'm dead if I don't take something...

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
nick11

I'm dead if I don't take something...

Post by nick11 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 pm

everything from serious stressful situations to just the cold weather is causing my heart to go out of control to where it beats painfully against my chest wall and i get really short of breath. its been going on for weeks now and has gotten worse over time. i have clonazepam .5 and sertraline 50mg that i was prescribed but haven't taken yet. i just took 1/2 of a .5 clonazepam and will see how that does. every muscle in my body especially my back has been tensing too and it's absolutely killing me.. i'm only 27 but have been through 7 years of stress with my daughters heart surgeries. i bought this program and to be honest it hasn't helped or maybe i didn't complete it the right way. i'm just going nuts i have no idea how to fix this. i have every book, cd, program on this and somehow i can't fix it.

Hoosiernurse

Re: I'm dead if I don't take something...

Post by Hoosiernurse » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 am

Firstly, have you had your heart symptoms reviewed by a cardiologist? Just, you know, to get the basics down in case you actually do have an irregular heartbeat or something along those lines.

Assuming you are having these symptoms due to anxiety, have you tried meditation? If it were me, I would take medications and also practice guided imagery mediation to calm and soothe yourself.

I am picking up on a lot of self-attacking in your post. You have had a lot on your plate, and anyone would be upset and anxious. Having these issues as we do means we blow things completely sky high and thus cause our symptoms. Just as you are (probably...make sure you get checked out by a doc) causing your symptoms by your thinking, they can be scaled back and controlled by your conscious decision to do so.

I'm working through this program, on section three now, and while it has helped me so much and continues to teach me great methods to control my situation, I have also just gone on Celexa due to my anxiety getting out of control. I think one thing this program does not emphasize is that while we can control many of the symptoms of what is going on in our bodies, sometimes there is also an inherited fault with how we use serotonin in our bodies. This runs in my family, and so I am fine with getting medical help. I also know that to truly conquer things and make my life happy and worth living, I'm also going to have to stop talking negatively to myself and learn how to be my own best friend.

So take what you need to take to help you and maybe go back over some of the lessons. It takes practice, and I stayed on lesson two for three weeks.

Above all, control your breathing and smile, take a walk in the woods, and realize you are doing great. I know you are a truly caring person or you wouldn't have anxiety. I think we care TOO much...and not enough about ourselves, ironically!

:) Cara

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”