freaking out. Need help. please reply.

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Holly J

freaking out. Need help. please reply.

Post by Holly J » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 am

I just started an anti depressant today called pristiq. I used to take it before but got off it for two months. i started feeling very depressed and anxious again so decided to go back on it. the side effects of taking it again are awful though. I dont remember feeling this bad when I fist started this med a few yrs back. Im feeling really nauseous and I threw up. My body inside feels very shaky and im just very nervous. I cannot sleep either. Im have panic disorder, of course these side effects are gonna make me freak out. Can someone PLEASE tell me this is normal when you first start an anti depressant and that I will feel better. Pristiq worked for me before. So it should work again, right? I just need positive reassurance that these side effect are normal when first starting an anti depressant and that soon enough they will go away and the medicine will work again. Thank you very much,

3jared

Re: freaking out. Need help. please reply.

Post by 3jared » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 am

U will be ok I also am feeling bad simtoms of anxiety now and need help I am on a beta blocker it helps some with the physical simtoms but I wish i could get off medication and feel normal again if any thing works for u please let me know

jameys

Post by jameys » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 am

Holly J wrote:I just started an anti depressant today called pristiq. I used to take it before but got off it for two months. i started feeling very depressed and anxious again so decided to go back on it. the side effects of taking it again are awful though. I dont remember feeling this bad when I fist started this med a few yrs back. Im feeling really nauseous and I threw up. My body inside feels very shaky and im just very nervous. I cannot sleep either. Im have panic disorder, of course these side effects are gonna make me freak out. Can someone PLEASE tell me this is normal when you first start an anti depressant and that I will feel better. Pristiq worked for me before. So it should work again, right? I just need positive reassurance that these side effect are normal when first starting an anti depressant and that soon enough they will go away and the medicine will work again. Thank you very much,
hey... Holly j well some of that will make you feel that way.im takeing paxil 40mg and its good maybe you should try it.well if its makeing you feel that way maybe you should tell your doc and tell him to put you on something new.i been on paxil for about 12 years now and its help me.look im behind you all the way thers no need to feer ok it will be ok

jameys

Post by jameys » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:13 am

3jared wrote:U will be ok I also am feeling bad simtoms of anxiety now and need help I am on a beta blocker it helps some with the physical simtoms but I wish i could get off medication and feel normal again if any thing works for u please let me know
hello my name is jame.look have you tryed paxil? i been on it fo 11years now and its been so good.i had to get on it paxil .befor i started paxil i couldnt stay by myself and drive myself around well now i can stay by myself but im still haveing trouble driveing but i will get ther and so can you

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 am

Hey Holly, I just seen that you are on Pristiq... how did it work out for you? I went to the Dr and he put me on Effexor and it made me sick so he is now trying pristiq, I am nervous bcus ive never taken it. I also have panic disorder very bad and just wondering how you are doing on this? I am supposed to start this med tomorrow! Please let me know

kcsmartin

Post by kcsmartin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:52 pm

I also took Paxil (or really, the generic, Paroxetine) for quite a few years. I recently weaned myself off of it because I would like to try and get pregnant. It worked great for me, and in fact, I began the program because my anxiety and OCD symptoms came back after getting off of the medicine. The good news is that I am starting to feel like my old self again with the help of the program! There have definitely been some difficult days, but I am getting there! I wish you the best of luck and hope that you find the right fit for your anxiety...whether it be through a new medicine and/or hard work!

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”