Trilafon - Perphenazine

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
dreamwver

Trilafon - Perphenazine

Post by dreamwver » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi all. I'm a 54 year old female who has battled depression and anxiety since age 15. After all this time, a lot of reading, therapy and Lucinda's encouragement, I'm doing a lot better. However I'm super shy and don't really have a life or family. My b/f of 11 years and I had a huge fight about 2 months ago and I haven't seen him since. The problem is, the separation has triggered a lot of anxiety and abandonment issues for me. I've actually been working thru them, and my severe anxiety was getting a little better. But I saw my pdoc this week and he prescribed a drug called Trilafon - (generic-Perphenazine) which is categorized as an ANTI-PSYCHOTIC. I mean what the heck. Altho I'm on several meds, I am afraid to take the Trilafon, as I've never been on anything like an anti-psychotic. I know that Lucinda's program isn't crazy about using meds against anxiety. I wonder what StressCenter would think of the use of Trilafon. Or should I keep trying without it?

coachchris

Re: Trilafon - Perphenazine

Post by coachchris » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi Dreamwvr,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress.

I sent you a private message. You should see it in your inbox.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com

dreamwver

Post by dreamwver » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi Chris, did not recieve your message in my inbox. Could you send again? Thanks.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 am

Hi Dreamwver,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at StressCenter.com. Thank you for your recent post on the forum. Sorry to hear about the breakup. Those are difficult emotions to maneuver through and the fact that you are doing better is a great truth to hold onto. I would use that truth as you think through the decision regarding the medication. What skills/tools are you find the most helpful right now? How is this situations you are going through making you a stronger more courageous woman?

Remember too that stress has negative effects on the body and over time as you learn to move through the stress in a healthy way the body begins to feel better and the healing comes. Lesson 14 is great for learning how to have healthy responses to what life brings us.

If you would like to schedule a free coaching call just let me know a good day and time and confirm your phone number. We are here to help.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”